22 year old female looking to lose 100lbs

Options
Hello, my name is Carolina and I am 22 years old. I currently weight 243 and I am truly eager to lose the weight. I have yet to start but I have decided that now is the time. Begining sept 1st I will now have the time to work out but I really need a supportive community. This is a very hard fight but I really need to come out a winner!

Replies

• judykay05
    Options
    Carolina,

You've come to the right place! There are lots a great supportive people on the site to cheer you on and guide you. I have 100 lbs to lose too. I have only been on here for 35 days but I've lost 16 lbs so far. I get inspiration from the friends I have met on here. When I look at their food diary, or exercise log it makes me want to eat better and get more exercise. Log everything every day, post every day, and blog if you can cuz it really helps!

You can add me if you like, I'll send you a request. Best of luck to you! Your already heading in the right direction!
  • KravMark
    KravMark Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too! Totally agree w Judy ;)
  • aimeehaven
    aimeehaven Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I am a 21 year old female that is hoping to lose 100 pounds. Ive already lost 30 so I am well on my way! We can do this
  • Grnhouse
    Grnhouse Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I agree. I was a middle of the road exerciser and 6 months ago I found this free app and it has changed my life. I log 99% of the food I eat. I'm striving for 100%. I've lost 4 lbs and looking to lose 10 more the healthy way. Eating right, watching my diet and exercise. No tricks or gimmicks.
  • buffyangel2000
    buffyangel2000 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm a 31 yrs female also hoping to lose 100lbs, I've only been here for about 2 weeks and I've lost 3 lbs.

Add me as a friend.
  • wannabefitchick
    Options
    I'm only looking to loose 30 pounds im 21 feel free to add me :)
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Best first tip - track EVERYTHING you ingest. Do not lie about it - you are only lying to yourself, and the mirror is the ultimate truth-teller. Just log it. Don't feel guilty about what you've had, just use the information to make better choices moving forward. If you cheat, binge, fall off the wagon, pig out, whatever you want to call it - enter it anyways, figure out what prompted the slip, and work on correcting that situation. But log it all.
  • blessingsx2
    blessingsx2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! You will totally love this site, I'm on here a couple times a day. I find when I have lots of friends, and see them getting their exercise in and losing weight it really motivates me to do the same!! Good luck on your journey, you can add me if you'd like.
  • Asil02
    Asil02 Posts: 261
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend. We can do this together!
  • caseygotgoals
    caseygotgoals Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm 22, and I have the same goal as you! Though I'm starting with 60 lbs by May/June. Feel free to add me as a friend here. :)
  • misskristy30
    Options
    I'll send you a request. I'm 31 and have been logging EVERYTHING for a couple months. I've lost about 20 lbs and have about 90 more to lose.
  • arielian
    arielian Posts: 200
    Options
    i'll send you a request! I'm 22 looking to lose 61 lbs, I've already lost about 9!
  • Amber82479
    Amber82479 Posts: 629 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm always looking for people to be part of a support team :) Feel free to add me!
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522
    Options
    I'm 24, looking to lose 75 initially probably more.
    Feel free to add me anyone!
  • Shrinking_Xtina
    Shrinking_Xtina Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    21 here, getting close to my 100 lb goal, add me if you'd like.
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    You have come to the right place!! The support here is amazing and I have to say I have met one of the most awesome, amazing, supportive friends that I have in my life now. I am so thankful that I came across mfp and that I was lucky enough to accept a friend request from him because he will forever be a part of my life. Biggest tip I have to you is to NOT give up when you have a bad day because we all have them. Just get right back on the wagon!! You can do this and we are here to help!
  • Nik0417
    Nik0417 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey! i'm soon to be 22 and looking to lose around 50lbs. Feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • JoyValentine9
    Options
    I will be 22 very soon (Sep 3) I have struggled with weight everyday it seems. I have gained 10 lbs in the last year and just don't feel good about myself. I wish I could close my eyes and wish it away but it doesn;t work that easy. Today I thought about giving myself a reward if I reached my 10lb loss goal. Perhaps that CD I really want or those new jeans that I know don't fit me right now. Losing weight is a reward of it self but this might keep me on tract. Stay focused your health is the most important thing you can do for yourself. Nothing else matters.
  • CESarver
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I'm a 25 year old, mother of 2 and have lost 102lbs & continuing to lose weight & lean out :) I have my first fitness competitions end of October for hitting such a huge milestone in my weight loss journey! When I started I weighed 230lbs March 2011 and as of today I am 128. You can get there, believe me anything is possible!!!!
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I just turned 21 and have 100 pounds to lose. I have been back since Wednesday. Feel free to add me