blemishes and losing weight

Options
ok so i have been working out reg since april and i have noticed that my skin is horrible and seems to get worse the more weight (inches) that i am losing - i used to get an occasional pimple but now i am breaking out all the time -anyone else have this problem? I do wash my face when i get home in the shower after working out too.

Replies

• just2bfit
    Options
    If you are not using a benzoyl peroxide wash in your normal routine, it may help to add one. I use OXY from walmart, it is a mild 10% benzoyl peroxide wash. It is in a black and red bottle. Hope it helps.
  • ncislandgirl
    ncislandgirl Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Do you work out with make up on? Sometimes that will create blemishes....
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i use Biore (sp?) pore unclogging scub it has saliylic (again spelling?) acid in it and then occasionally sea breeze astringent if i feel really oily. I tried the neutragina grapfruit face scub but it stunk like bo so i had to stop using it.

I don't workout with makeup on the only time i wear makup is too church and work - i use mineral pwdr from mary kay and lip gloss and some mineral blush thats about it unless i am going out and thats not often
  • alisahinzman
    Options
    I used to have this problem, it was from all the perspiration I was having.
    I found that I had to find the "right" face wash, and balanced it out with using regular anit-bacterial hand soap!
    I used the hand soap (just the kind that's at your sink - with no added lotions) after I worked out in the morning, on my face, then I used a normal face wash at night before bed. (I personally use the Noxzema Daily Exfoliating Cream Cleanser)
    And be sure that you are using a LIGHT lotion for your face! I mix my face lotion with my foundation (make-up) in the morning, to be sure that I don't get it on too thick, then at might I use Garnia Night Renewal lotion, put on thinly/sparingly.
    This is what worked for me, hope it helps! :smile:
    -Alisa
  • Heather_b1986
    Heather_b1986 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    what are you eating? are you getting enough omega 3 oils? sometimes our skin breaking out is our bodies way of lettin us know we are missing out on vitamins etc because of our diet. also if its not food related i use a sensitive face scrub and light moisturiser for a few days usually clears anything up for me :smile:
  • lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    what are you eating? are you getting enough omega 3 oils? sometimes our skin breaking out is our bodies way of lettin us know we are missing out on vitamins etc because of our diet. also if its not food related i use a sensitive face scrub and light moisturiser for a few days usually clears anything up for me :smile:

i eat pretty healthy - the occasional lindt truffle (maybe 2 a week) i don't eat hardly any fried foods and have been limiting my fatty foods. More fruits and veggies -though i am not always good about loggin everything :) My dh gives my a handful of vitamins each day i thing one is a cod liver oil one and vit C and some others