New, and looking for support! :)

Options
Hello everybody :)
My name's Chrisitne, soon-to-be 20, and trying to work a little at a time down to my goal of losing 55 pounds. It would be only 35, but due to my quitting smoking a few months ago, I have managed to gain an additional, unwanted 30 pounds. I'm doing it so I can boost my self confidence, and fit into that pair of pants that haven't fit me since my first year of high school-or somewhere around then, and so that I will feel comfortable with myself once again! Right now I go to the gym about four times a week, and know that my diet is TERRIBLE and I'm working on it, but my greatest weakness is sweets. So yeah, I just need support, tips, help, and mostly, I just want to get to know you guys! See which ones of you are focusing on the same goal as me, and all of that!!!

Nice to meet you!
-Christine

Replies

• thetessa1022
    Options
    Hello (: I am new here too. My name is Carli and I am 15 years old. I am trying to loose weight as well (thats why I am on this website) Hope you are doing well.

You can do it!

-Carli
  • Presleyforpresident
    Options
    hi! :)
    i'm presley and i'm trying to lose another 60ish pounds (i'm soon to be 19!)
    feel free to add me for support! i could use someone who's weight loss goal is close to mine.
    x
  • tedybehr
    tedybehr Posts: 31
    Options
    hi there, i am farely new too. ive been on here for about a month... so far i am loving it. its been keeping me very motivated..
  • xxloveiswarr
    Options
    Hey. I'm not new to the site, but new to the forums. I've got about 40 lbs to lose. I quit smoking in December and I'm totally familiar with the trade for food. =]
  • wandajopost
    Options
    Hi

I am new too. Just started last week and have about 25 to lose. I also am looking for support. Maybe we can all work together. This site helps with the tracking of food which is a must when you are trying to lose!
  • notaquitter4
    Options
    i'm looking to lose about 55lbs. I'm 21 years old and have decided there are no more excuses! however, i have also realized its going to be the hardest thing ive ever done. i am also looking for support and reassurance to keep motivation up! we can all do it, together!
  • chub92
    chub92 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you guys! I appreciate the adds and everything thus far :)
    Hey. I'm not new to the site, but new to the forums. I've got about 40 lbs to lose. I quit smoking in December and I'm totally familiar with the trade for food. =]
    It's terrible! The exchange of food-love that I've gained from my lack of smoking is CRAZY. I did not believe people when they told me I would gain so much weight when I had stopped... Just knowing all this that has happened with my body, its giving me a greater need to work on losing it, and getting back to where I feel comfortable.
  • chub92
    chub92 Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi

I am new too. Just started last week and have about 25 to lose. I also am looking for support. Maybe we can all work together. This site helps with the tracking of food which is a must when you are trying to lose!

Just starting today, I realize how everything adds up when we're tracking food-and I have never done an actual food tracker with the calories and everything.. it's awesome! I am really grateful, though, because I am able to see how i can improve my food choices and everything.
  • meljane1992
    Options
    Hey i'm new too =)
    My Name is Melanie an im looking for some supportive new friends too add me if you like.

xx
  • ThatMrs99
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. Looking to lose around 50 or so pounds. I quit smoking a few months ago and delved into a life surrounded by cookies and donuts - bad I know. Now I want to lose it all since I'm finally over my cigarette cravings :)
    Good luck to you!