Quick and easy lunch ideas for work!

Options
I work the evening shift at work 3-11 and my "lunch" is actually my dinner there....but I spend too much time cooking my dinners for the week...usually I end up slacking and buying my lunch at work...which is NOT good for me.

Does anyone have any good ideas for me?

Replies

• cin714
    cin714 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I usually get some sliced deli meat, yogurt, pitas and some spreadable cheese wedges in my bag all week to make quick lunch. I also keep cans of soup in my desk. If you're able to leave a some things at work it makes it easier.
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I put a hunk of meat in the crockpot on Sunday for the week. I don't eat any processed meat (lunch meats) as the nitrates and sodium are not good for you.

Spice up the meat and shred it. You can use it in lettuce wraps, salads, etc. Very tasty and healthy.
  • brendajs
    brendajs Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in seeing ideas myself! I don't bring my lunch to work, but I only have half an hour to drive home (let the dog out!), eat and get back! Good thing I live only 3 minutes from work (if the light's green!!)

Some of the things I have at home that are quick are:

Sandwich~
    Wonder Smart White/Wheat Bread (2 slices per serving)
    Deli meat (Oscar Myer turkey is my first choice)
    Sargento Cheese (FF/Lite)
    Lettuce
    Grapes

PB/J Sandwich

Tuna Sandwich

Cereal and one slice of toast or half english muffin

Progresso Soups

I have also done chicken with lettuce in a tortilla

I know these items don't have enough fruit/veggies, but I try to make up for that at dinnertime.

It's just me at home, so I've not been one to make meals and freeze for later in the week. That is one thing I NEED to do this time around!! I've got a WW Recipe board on Pinterest, so will have to make a point and go back to check the actual recipes out instead of just keep pinning more and no doing anything with them!!

Will appreciate any tips/ideas to make lunchtime healthier!!

Thanks!

:flowerforyou:
    Brenda
  • shardown
    shardown Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I love having a bit of salmon and low fat cream cheese over Cruskits. Or I'd throw together some baby spinach, a bit of onions, some feta (marinated in rosemary and olive oil), some cucumbers, tomatoes and a small can of tuna.

Alternatively, I'd cook enough for 6 people the night before (three of us in the house) and use leftovers for lunch.