What can I do?

Options
So I just ate some popcorn - more than planned. Should I log the calories for today? Or is it ok to put them on for tomorrow (so I would just end up eating less for tomorrow)?

I read once or twice that it is ok to do this...because it does not really matter when you eat the calories, as long as if it is within goal for the week not the day??

Replies

• dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Anything? Anyone??
  • rjcelmer
    rjcelmer Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    You need to be 100% honest with yourself. If not, you're only hurting your progress. Log it for today. If you go over your calories, then so be it. This stuff only works if you can be truthful to yourself.
  • KittenKittyKitteh
    KittenKittyKitteh Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Personally, I would count them today and try to do great tomorrow. It's hard to see that red negative staring you down but MFP is all about accountability.
  • eric5150ii
    eric5150ii Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Just log it in for today, plan on eating a bit under tomorrow. I think it is important to log accurately, as if you stall or plateau, you have an accurate record to figure out why.
  • djkshdfd
    djkshdfd Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    We get so stuck on losing weight that we forget how long it takes to maintain and actually reach our goals. Don't worry about some extra popcorn or you will stress out and at some point it may discourage you from even wanting to try. Log it, it is fine.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If you ate it today you log it today. Don't feel bad! We all have red numbers to,we are only human :)
  • dakotababy
    dakotababy Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    Alright - Thank you everyone...I logged it..about to journal about it, and moving on from it.

It is not easy to look at the red, but in the long run this will be more beneficial.