Hubby thinks I'm withering away!

Options
Well I finally lost my baby weight! I like being a certain size. When my husband and I met I was around 120, but I am 5'8 so being that skinny makes me look sickly. So as our relationship progressed I ended up pregnant. I gained 40 lbs. He was in heaven, I had curves, I had a butt, hips and a chest. I was miserable being that heavy. After my daughter was born, I kept on I'd say about 15 of the pounds. He loved my figure the way I was, I wasnt happy,so i lost it I am 130 ish now. I dont want to regain the weight! I want to maintain. What do I do? Go how he wants me (still a little heavier,but healthy) or I know some women say do what makes you happy, but making him happy makes me happy. Im lost literally.:huh:

Replies

• QueenInge
    QueenInge Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My husband likes really plump women so I am almost scared to lose weight also. Maybe you could just work on being very toned instead of losing weight. You could just maintain your current weight but firm up.
  • wooch44085
    wooch44085 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: I am right there with you... my hubby likes me about 10 lbs heavier than I like to be... I have kinda gone in the middle... I like to be 120 he likes me at 130 - so I try to stay right about 125... seems silly... but it works for us... Good luck finding your happy middle ground.
  • safiresp04
    Options
    Is there any way you can find a happy medium? Maybe keep a few of the pounds, but focus on firming and toning up rather than just being skinny. You will reap the benefits of having an amazing body as well as all the other health benefits that come with the added muscle and he'll have you a little more "filled out". It's not like you have to bulk up, but muscle tone - especially on the arms & legs - is very sexy on a woman. He may love your muscle more than your "baby-weight curves".

If that won't work, maybe you'll have to figure out why it is that you need to lose those last few pounds for yourself. What is it that makes you so unhappy about being curvy? At 5'8", you'd probably look healthiest at a minimum of 140#. With some added muscle, you could probably go as high as 160# since muscle is denser than fat and won't take up as much space on your body. Try not to focus on the number on the scale. Focus on how you feel, how you look, and how your clothes fit.
  • cfischer81
    cfischer81 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    My hubby would be the same way. I have a lot more weight to lose but I assume WHEN (not if :) ) I reach my goal he'll want me to put on 10-15 lbs! I think PP had a good idea of a happy medium!
  • Nanpoodle
    Nanpoodle Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    First of all, your little daughter is beautiful and such a lovely name of Isabella! You are very considerate to want to look great for your hubby; but seriously, if you feel great, everyone around you will benefit. I sometimes wonder if some people want us heavier for their own insecurities??? Meaning, is your husband afraid of you being "too hot" .....some may laugh, but I have heard of this.
    Eat healthy - get your proteins, etc. and avoid artificial sweeteners to stay healthy too. Bravo on your wt. loss.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!