Snacks for the ultimate snacker!

Options
I am a snacker to the fullest definition. Honestly, I would never eat a meal if I didn't have a family to feed!
On that note, I am looking for examples of snacks that cure a sweet tooth, are low on carbs & are filling.
My favorite snacks are fruit, orange creamsicle ice cream, peanut butter crackers and hot cocoa just to give you an idea of why I need help.
I have my food log set to public as well if anyone wants to check it out.
Thanks everyone in advance.

Replies

• MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    High proof dark chocolate. Not technically "low carb" but you don't need much of it to satisfy a craving!
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Carrots are a great sweet low-cal food that you can eat a lot of. Popcorn is also very high in fiber (though definitely not low-carb) and the portion sizes are generous for the calorie count.
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Have you tried making those Nutella frozen fudgesicles? You can find recipes for them online. They look pretty good! Also frozen banana and (reduced fat) peanut butter pops are good too!
  • JustiineMR
    JustiineMR Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks for some ideas! Going to try them today!
  • JustiineMR
    Options
    Any other suggestions??
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Nature valley thins.. Dark chocolate peanut butter or dark chocolate peanut butter.. MmmmmM 80 cals ❤
  • gaylynn35
    gaylynn35 Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Fiber one brownies (90) calories
    Fruit smoothies (make your own, any combination)
    Dark Chocolate (1/2 bar at a time)
    Frozen yogurt
    Yoplait light yogurt (90 calories for most flavors), they have orange cream flavor too
    Fudgecicles (40 calories)
  • Jonalee1977
    Jonalee1977 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Not really low carb, but one of my favorite snacks is a Quaker caramel rice cake with a tbs. of peanut butter and half a banana sliced on top. Sooo yummy & filling!
  • mamakjknows
    Options
    Don't know if you have a Wegmans in your area, but they have these air puff crisps called Cocoa Pops that are only 16 calories. They go great with hummus, peanut butter, or reduced fat cream cheese--and they are just great on their own if you just want some crunch.

I always have a chocolate bar or Hershey kisses for the sweet cravings, but that only works if you can handle just having half a candy bar or like 4 Hershey kisses.

Someone also mentioned Fiber One brownies and I think that they are great too. There are also a ton of 100-calories snacks out there!
  • di2losew8
    di2losew8 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    bump
  • javagsd
    javagsd Posts: 82
    Options
    You've been eating grapes. Throw some into the freezer for snacks. I noticed the Twizzlers in your diary. Try cutting them into half or thirds to cut them down to snack size. You also seem to want something crunchy every day as a snack. If it's a texture thing, look into mini rice cakes. Rather than eating a full size ice cream bar, look into the low cal frozen fruit bars, or freeze smoothies or no-cal drinks in molds or cups. There's a brand called Helados Mexico that makes mini-sizes at under 50 calories.
  • JustiineMR
    Options
    Thanks for all the great tips, anyone have any they don't see on this list so far??
  • JustiineMR
    Options
    I definitely have a texture thing going on! I want something crunchy at least twice a day.. and something cold and smushy once a day too, I'm a strange girl I know : )
  • MeganDominique
    MeganDominique Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Google paleo pumpkin brownies

i entered my modified version into my food and it comes out to 59 caloires, 11 carbs :)

actually just google paleo snack ideas ;) many gluten/dairy free ideas!
  • srpm
    srpm Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My favorite sweet/crunchy fix is either coco or cinnamon roasted almonds. I usually only need 1/2 a serving to do the trick.
  • birdiejanie
    birdiejanie Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like to snack too. Here is my list:
    Special K Chocolately Pretzel Bars
    Fiber One Chocolate Peanut Butter Bar
    Plain Cheerios
    Frozen Dark Cherries
    Reduced Fat Peanut Butter
    Weight Watchers Ice Cream Sandwiches (vanilla bean or chocolate)
    Pepperidge Farm Ginger Man Cookies
    Roasted Corn

So, the warning is that these items don't fill me up. I have to eat salads, fruit, chicken, broccoli, etc, for that, but I do allow myself these snacks in moderation.

Good luck.
  • Onaughmae
    Onaughmae Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    I snack on fruit, string cheese, carrots, cucumber slices with laughing cow cheese (yum), almonds, celery with cream cheese...
  • careyannal
    careyannal Posts: 161
    Options
    Jiffy Pop makes 100 calorie bags of popcorn that are a pretty large serving. They come in kettle corn too for a sweet tooth. Not low carb, though.

The only low carb snack that I eat would just be sliced deli turkey.
  • rbn_held
    rbn_held Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Love the fiber one brownies (have tried all variaties and they are all good)
    Frozen Grapes
    Special K Fruit crisps
    Almonds
    Weight watchers string cheese (50 cal a serving)
    Apples with PB2
    Celery with laughing cow cheese wedge
    Triscuits - roasted garlic