I'm NEW to the site and NEWLYWED!

Options
beakstar79
beakstar79 Posts: 23 Member
Hi all! I just joined yesterday and already I am finding the site so helpful. Also everyone's messages to each other seem so supportive so I am looking forward to being a part of it. I just got married a little over 1 month ago to the love of my life! He is amazing. He is also a great cook and while dating I overindulged in his talent leading to a pretty hefty weight gain. In any case, we have decided that after a year of wedding planning (and inevitably stress induced eating) that we would benefit from losing weight and having a more active lifestyle. I am a huge fan of the biggest loser so we are following that plan. Any other biggest loser fans out there?? Anyway I look forward to the journey ahead:wink:

Replies

• beakstar79
    Options
    Hi all! I just joined yesterday and already I am finding the site so helpful. Also everyone's messages to each other seem so supportive so I am looking forward to being a part of it. I just got married a little over 1 month ago to the love of my life! He is amazing. He is also a great cook and while dating I overindulged in his talent leading to a pretty hefty weight gain. In any case, we have decided that after a year of wedding planning (and inevitably stress induced eating) that we would benefit from losing weight and having a more active lifestyle. I am a huge fan of the biggest loser so we are following that plan. Any other biggest loser fans out there?? Anyway I look forward to the journey ahead:wink:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    hi! Welcome, and congrats on your marriage! I am getting married next August (09), just started planning! I'm hoping to ward off any stress induced eating though :ohwell: heh. You are going to love it here! :drinker:
  • sgtinvincible
    sgtinvincible Posts: 2,559
    Options
    Wooo!!! Welcome Beakstar!

Just keep in mind something while you are here....

#1. We are a family, and much like a family we are here for you in whatever way you need us. (also like a family we have our oddballs....take myself for instance....and Ali....and Tam....we're kinda the black sheep of this place, or the kids that always sat in the corner and got in trouble for disrupting class :wink: :laugh: )

#2. Rule number one pretty much covers it.

This is a great site, and we are glad you found us. Hope to see you around a lot!

-Jeremy
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Welcome! These plenty of poeple on here that have new receipes, excercises, jokes, etc to keep you going!

Like sgt said, you should feel pretty much at home if you don't mind the occasion weird vibs posts can take, youll see they quickly spread like chicken pox at a Michael Jackson theme park!
  • beakstar79
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome!!! I think the family attitude is a great one...weird and disruptive is okay with me, after all someone has to put the FUN in dysfunctional:tongue:

Kerrilucko, good luck with the upcoming nuptials...if you ever get stressed or wanna chat, I am game!