NUM! NUM! NUM! But I planned it!

Options
Does anyone else plan their food for each day? I remember doing that in WW and it really helped me out. Since I stay at home, if I have changes for the day, I just alter my plan and refer back here to make sure it fits. That always helped me so I wasn't "surprised" on how I ate for the day. Planning also helped me plan my chicken salad yesterday when I went out to eat. NUM! NUM! NUM!

Replies

• PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else plan their food for each day? I remember doing that in WW and it really helped me out. Since I stay at home, if I have changes for the day, I just alter my plan and refer back here to make sure it fits. That always helped me so I wasn't "surprised" on how I ate for the day. Planning also helped me plan my chicken salad yesterday when I went out to eat. NUM! NUM! NUM!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    yeah, I usually it the morning of, I try not to deviate too much from the plan
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i try to but usually change it through the course of the day
  • rethun01
    rethun01 Posts: 167
    Options
    I definitely plan ahead most of the time. When it really helps is when we're going out to eat. I do my research, figure out what will fit into my plan for the day and then don't look at a menu once I get there. People think I'm crazy, but I just say something like, "I always get this when I come here! Its one of my favorites!" :tongue:
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Great idea on the menu! :laugh: Of course, I always get this when I'm here...aw man!!! Where are we again? :wink:

That's a great idea!
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Day? I plan my whole week. It's actually pretty easy for me though, as there is only me and the wife. And we buy enough stuff for the week, We also individualize everything we can on sunday, like cheese, veggies, sometimes meat (if we think we can do that and not have it go bad), almonds ...etc. Basically, I have about 9 things that I have 10 individual bags of in the fridge or on the shelf. I'm not sure what I will grab that day, but since I know how many calories and what nutrition is in each, I can just take 3 minutes in the morning, grab what I need for that day, and I'm off. It makes it so much easier when you don't have to spend the whole day thinking about how many calories you will have to eat when you come home. I can tell you today, how many calories I will consume this whole week, and by the end of the week, I'll be within 3 or 4 hundred of that total.
  • honeybee71
    honeybee71 Posts: 47
    Options
    I plan my breakfast and lunch for the day, but I eat dinner with my parents, so it's whatever my mom cooks if anything. I eat a lot of grilled cheese these days. Mom hasn't been feeling really well. On the weekends I cook, so I plan the whole weekend in advance.
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hey banks...tell your wife to move over...I'm going to be your new roommate. LOL Planning your whole week? WOW! YOU ROCK!

I think I remember planning things a week out...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy long ago. Back before children roamed my earth. :ohwell:

I have planned very little in the past year... :embarassed:

I know I'll eat something sticky, wear someone else's cereal to somewhere important. Have at least two tomato type finger prints on me that aren't mine, and have something purple spilt down the table onto my lap. :drinker:

Thank goodness I don't have to include calories I wear! YIKES! :huh:

All kidding aside, that is a fantabulous way to go! Maybe I'll work up to two days in advance before July. :happy:

Thanks for the idea! :happy:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I have to plan out my days roughly, so I know where my calories are going and what they are being "spent" on.
  • jill927
    jill927 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    I know I like to eat more later in the day, so I "save" calories by making sure my bfast and lunch are lighter in calories. That way when I want to eat a larger dinner and then a snack at night, I still have enough calories left to not go over...
  • kerikitkat
    kerikitkat Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    I know I like to eat more later in the day, so I "save" calories by making sure my bfast and lunch are lighter in calories. That way when I want to eat a larger dinner and then a snack at night, I still have enough calories left to not go over...

+1
  • PrincessLaundry
    Options
    Hey banks...tell your wife to move over...I'm going to be both of yours, new roommate. LOL Planning your whole week? WOW! YOU ROCK!

I think I remember planning things a week out...waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy long ago. Back before children roamed my earth. :ohwell:

I have planned very little in the past year... :embarassed:

I know I'll eat something sticky, wear someone else's cereal to somewhere important. Have at least two tomato type finger prints on me that aren't mine, and have something purple spilt down the table onto my lap. :drinker:

Thank goodness I don't have to include calories I wear! YIKES! :huh:

All kidding aside, that is a fantabulous way to go! Maybe I'll work up to two days in advance before July. :happy:

Thanks for the idea! :happy: