I just don't know what else to do!

Options
Hello,

I am new to MFP. I'm 253lbs, 44yrs old and female. I swim laps three times each week, I swim laps with light effort for 60-80 mins.

I started and my calorie intake calculated by MFP was 1440. I eat back 50% of the calories I burn during exercise. I just cannot seem to lose weight. I have been stuck at my current weight for weeks now. Can anyone tell me if I'm eating enough?

My TDEE is around 2549, if I minus the 20% from that, it's 2049. My BMR is 1800 ish.

I'd appreciate any help.

Many thanks.

Replies

• anjukins
    anjukins Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Would you feel comfortable opening your diary for public viewing? That might help us provide insight into your plateau. it may be that you're staying in the calorie range but still eating problematic foods. also, have you tried eating back less calories? perhaps the mfp calculator's estimate isn't an accurate reflection of your actual burn.
  • Tkwild
    Tkwild Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    You are within cooee of my size and I lose best at about 1600 cals plus exercise cals, so I think you are likely eating too much.
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    How long have you been at it?
    Are you taking note of measurements? Glycogen and water retention can mask your results if you're exercising.
    Is your fitness improving?
    Do you eat plenty of fiber?
    Do you drink plenty of water?
    What are your macronutrient breakdowns?