fit and fat

Options
Over an 18 month period I have gained a lot of belly fat it was down to acquiring a sweet tooth.despite now I am back on track,I can not shift the belly fat.My diet is all healthy,natural carbs and high protien and some fats.I train 2 hours a day'and hard',doing endurance cardio, speed work,and heavy weights.There is obviously some thing that is not right,but I am at a loss at the moment..any ideas?.

Replies

• john1875
    Options
    too many topics to expect any feed back ,chances of a reply seem pretty remote.it looked a good site,but will delete the site..cheers
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    Are you eating enough? Have you been checked by a doctor?
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Wow. Way to give it time to get an answer. You could have bumped a couple of times or asked again. Lots of posts get lost at busy times.
    Good luck losing the belly fat anyway
  • john1875
    Options
    i don't honestly believe that it is a medical issue,i went on the Atkins 3 year ago ,and lost a stone in a month,i was never hungry and my energy levels were through the roof.so i stayed on it.alas i then got shingles,which was not a problem,but 3 weeks later i got a 'post shingle virus it lasted 6 weeks,i was so ill.the Atkins does not cater for fitness fanatics,and so i completely ran my body into the ground.so when i got back to full fitness i lapsed on the diet,but my training is still every day.then i got in to bloody chocolate lol,and piled the inches on.oddly enough 1 am still 15 Stone ,but my waist is 4 inches bigger,how is this.Ive done the little and often meals ,low index carbs.no bread,rice,pasts,potatoes etc.an average day is .egg whites and oat meal,salad for lunch,a chicken and veg supper,and hand full of nuts and whey protein.the training is demanding ,but i have trained all my life,so 30 mile bike ride,an hour u hill walking,and heavy weights,and the rowing machine keep me fit..but why the waist size?but the same weight..as u can tell i am getting very frustrated..thanks .
  • wowLisawow
    Options
    I think you need to mix your workouts up more. If you train long and hard every day you don't give your muscles any time for recovery. Do something different every day. Jog one day, do weights at most every other day, bicycle one day, walk one day, just really mix it up to make your muscles guess at what you are doing. Eat lean protein at every meal and snack. Stay away from fats except healthy fats such as olive oil, avocados and nuts. Stay away from high glycemic fruits. Concentrate on berries as your primary fruits. I've been doing the above and it has helped me get rid of belly fat. I got my ideas from the Blood Sugar Solution book by Dr. Mark Hyman. Cheers!
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    You may want to check out the forum called diet and weight loss, and then click the "newbies please read" and the "links on MFP that you want to read again" -

Or the search button, look up Spot Fat Reduction

Good luck losing your 1lb target.
  • john1875
    Options
    tara
    [/quote]
  • gemmalianne84
    Options
    Don't know if it's already part of your workout but doing crunches with one ankle resting on your knee and coming up towards your knee rather than straight up are supposed to help. Dunno of that was well explained...