Binging wayyy too much? try this!

Options
hey everyone! so monthly i see a nutritionist to help keep me on track and she gave me some advice on how to control major binging. pick a day in the week and an hour in that day and call it your "blow it meal" in that hour you can eat whatever you want and however much you want! it works great for me because even if I stuff my face that whole hour, i still dont feel guilty about it because it was a part of my plan and i still lose weight! it gets me thought the week because i know i will be able to satisfy my cravings at some point :) hope this helps my fellow bingers out there! feel free to put your binge day and hour if you are going to try it out :) and add me if you like!

mine is fridays from 12-1 pm

Replies

• littlejobo120
    littlejobo120 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a great idea - I think I might give that a go. Not sure when yet - I'm thinking late on a Friday after dinner though. Thanks!
  • TeenaMH
    TeenaMH Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I tried this once, but i found it re-awakened my cravings for the whole week :/ i know this will work for some people, but not for me lol
  • canichange
    canichange Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Great Idea, would be nice not to feel the guilt ! Thanks:)
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    As with everything, its what works for you.
    My problem I've found after overeating on Friday (and then getting poorly and going right off my plan) is that I find it hard to be satiated by my now normal food. The sugar spikes I got from eating off plan seem to leave me craving more simple carbs for a few days after. I don't give in, but I'm also not particularly comfortable or happy with the feeling. My tummy seems to grumble a lot.
  • Kathrynha77
    Kathrynha77 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Agree that allowing yourself a treat is the way to go.

On my shopping list every week at the bottom is 'Kat treat'
    Without it there I walk round the supermarket putting in loads of treats amongst the weekly food shop, cos hey I deserve a treat, but in reality I end up with loads of them. By having it on my last I go round the shop thinking what I would like, and at the end of my shop I make a decision of which 1 treat I will have.
    Also because I have thought about what I really want, it is a lot more fulfilling, and is often well under 500cals, so really not that much of a blow out.
  • lkcuts
    lkcuts Posts: 224
    Options
    good for you!! Glad that works, but being a binger all my life, is how I got here in the first place. I have learned over the last 6 months how to control those binges by allowing what I really want into my diet in moderation and log it. this, for me is a life long commitment and must learn how to control what I eat making it a good habit on how to not overeat a thing I really like, but can still have it. I am like the other comments above, once I start, there is no going back for a few days, so have learned that things in moderation works best for me. Good luck in your journey!!
  • Hssh1988
    Hssh1988 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Cheat day makes denial elsewhere tolerable.