Any 18-21 year olds looking for friends and support?

Options
Hi, there, Gwenyth here. I'm 19, 5'3, sophomore in college, and trying to keep at 121 pounds while not losing my mind. I'm not really looking to lose, but I'm maintaining where I am so as not to gain weight. Using diet and exercise, I want to get over the mental block I have that is fear of food and would love some role models and accountability partners. Mostly for support, but also to compare/contrast, I would love to meet some others my age who are in a similar stage of life as myself. I've been on MFP for months now, but am always looking for friends my age! :)

Replies

• RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    i have a BIG fear of food/gaining also. and i'm a shorty too 5'2 woop woop! id say add me but i think you already did lol :) msg me anytime though <3
  • daniellexcara
    daniellexcara Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    i'm also 19, 5'4, sophomore in college and im at 140 trying to get to about 120. i love to support and motivate people :)
  • Ornamentalboxes
    Options
    Hi! I'm Hannah, 19 too, and about to head into my 2nd year of uni with a more positive and healthy lifestyle! You can message me any time if you're looking for support, I'm a good listener and would never judge :)
  • ajhartley22
    Options
    I just joined, and I'm about to be a freshman in college. I have lost a total of 135 llbs through weight watchers, but I can't seem to lose the final twenty. I'm going to see if this site can help. Any advice would help!
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I know positive peer pressure is going to help a ton! Thanks for posting all, I'd love to be friends with all of you and so will. Kick butt out there :)
  • keychick25
    keychick25 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Im 19 5'4. I'll be 20 next month on the 17th, i'm taking a break from college right now- because it was stressful and I moved. I'm 175lbs and I want to get to 140lbs. But the healthy way. Eating more to weigh less (so not 1200cals XP). I would love more friends. I'm new just tryna find my way. :) Btw Hey Amanda!
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm nineteen, a sophomore in college, and looking to lose... 40 more pounds, I guess? My good scale doesn't seem to be working properly, so I'm not sure what my exact weight is right now (need to buy a new scale ASAP, ugh) but I'm looking to get to 125 pounds. Feel free to add me--and that goes to anyone on this thread, haha, it's nice to find people my age who are also trying to lose weight.
  • Ml1524
    Ml1524 Posts: 3
    Options
    i'm 20 years old gonna be 21 soon. trying to lose like 50+lb. Trying this site out to see if it can really help me out! :) Lets all do this together and help each other out!
  • ALittleLikeHell
    Options
    Hey :happy: I'm Illona *Waves* I'm in my Final Year of Uni, I'm about 5ft5 and I'd LOVE to motivate/contest/support you :wink: XOXO
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I'm 21, have 8lbs to goal but am around if you want to chat :)
  • sandwichcat
    Options
    hey i'm 18, 5'4, about 130-133lbs :P

feel free to add me :)
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    I'm a 19-year-old college freshman from Germany majoring in bio sciences. We have very similar stats - feel free to add me! (anyone on here!)
  • seed_of_wonder
    seed_of_wonder Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm almost 19 5'8", currently at 138 but i want to get to 120.
    my weight hasn't changed in 2 weeks though :/
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, 5ft 3.. 133lbs and I've been stuck at this same weight for about 4 months now.. If not longer.

I feel like my weight isn't going to shift so I gave up for a bit but I need to be back right on it because I WILL look good in a bikini when I go on holiday!
  • rene121
    rene121 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi, I'm Irene, 20, third year uni. 5'6", somewhere around 140. Not really looking to lose much weight - maybe 10lb or so, but more interested in eating right, exercising and getting fit. Would love more friends on here so feel free to add me :)
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for the posts! I appreciate the support and hope I can return that to you guys :) *le adds all new friends* I love people. Yep.
  • luckycharm13
    Options
    I gained about 15 pounds after my first year of college :( yuck
    so I'm looking to lose about 30 and get to be around 150 pounds
    need motivation! (:
  • everlastingdream
    Options
    Hi! :) I'm Lucy, 20 and going into my third year at university this autumn..aah! A friend and I took up running last term and I've been trying to keep up some level of fitness/exercise over the summer break. The last month before I go back is coming up so I just want to push myself that little bit further to get the best results for university again (:
  • kiwilan
    kiwilan Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hello! :)
    I'm Alana, 20 and 5'4.5 (Still think I am 5'5 though!) I'm going into my second year of uni in Wales. Starting at 179, I'm now 176, aiming for 135lbs and see where I go from there. Tried the 'healthy lifestyle' for my first year. How naive was I to think I could beat all the student deals on chicken nuggets.. Anyway I'm going to do it the right way and since I'll be living in a house rather than student accommodation hopefully it will make my life a whole lot easier! :)
  • joecollins9385
    joecollins9385 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    im 26 with the maturity level of a 18 year old lol