In desperate need of an accountibility partner...

Options
Hello, I have been here for three months and haven't accomplished much. It isn't this site, it is me. I have bounced back and fourth and have lost 8lbs total but could have done so much better. What I am looking for is an accountability partner! I really need encouragement. I am really lacking encouragement at home for this. I want my thin, pre-children body back but I get into a slump and the attitude that things "are what they are" and I know it isn't the case but it is easy to do when no one is looking over my shoulder. I could use a friend here. I am 5'3" and weigh 205lbs. I have 75lbs to lose. I would like to do it within 6-8 months which is a safe rate. Is anyone interested in working together here?

Replies

• sarahmatters
    Options
    Come and join my Jillian Micheals workout fans group. Get yourself 30 day shred off amazon and come and moan about it with me. I'll help motivate you!
  • nfrewin
    nfrewin Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i'm with ya - feel free to friend me and we can help each other stay on track :smile:
  • Kashton2011
    Kashton2011 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Hi Off10h8ed

Sorry you are seeing the results you hoped to be seeing. I was in a similar position and hoped my weight would drop off without me having to do anything! I've joined a few groups on here which are really good for motivation and include small (and sometimes big challenges). Some of them are time limited but you should do a search, there is a group call lets get out of the 200's which you could find useful and I would suggest making some friends on here to help with the motivation and to add a level of accountability.

Feel free to add me
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I would recommend filling in your profile, uploading a picture or two and making an effort to talk to people and friend them in the message boards.

And also you should fill in your diary everyday and have it open to the Public setting.

This will help you find some friends on MFP who will keep you accountable.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello, I have been here for three months and haven't accomplished much. It isn't this site, it is me. I have bounced back and fourth and have lost 8lbs total but could have done so much better. What I am looking for is an accountability partner! I really need encouragement. I am really lacking encouragement at home for this. I want my thin, pre-children body back but I get into a slump and the attitude that things "are what they are" and I know it isn't the case but it is easy to do when no one is looking over my shoulder. I could use a friend here. I am 5'3" and weigh 205lbs. I have 75lbs to lose. I would like to do it within 6-8 months which is a safe rate. Is anyone interested in working together here?

I think i'm about 5'2, and I am 108kg, I have 5 children. I'll take the journey with you. I'm not too good at tough love but I'm here for help and support if you want it :)
  • GuineaMother
    GuineaMother Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I need motivation too. Sometimes when I get on those scales after a week of turning down dinner invites and cakes at the office meetings I just think 'aaargh what's the point??!!' I'm on here every day so will definitely help motivate all I can
    x
  • evademers
    Options
    I am almost 40 and FULL of inspiration and always have words to get you motivated!! Being almost 40 I am hitting a time in my life that if I dont do it now I never will. So I am up every morning to workout and what it does to my mindset is priceless!! I am 5ft6 and weigh 173 pounds, i want to lose 35. Ive lost 2 so far and I have been here almost 2 months. But I have lost several inches and I am beginning to see shape :) They are right you should post a pic, put some before pics in your profile it really does help to see your progress even if you dont feel it. You can do this!!! Think of it as taking your happy pill every morning and the rest of it will follow. Focus on the good feelings it gives you, and the bonus is becoming healthy and fit something worth everyday of a good sweat!!! I am open for you to friend me if you like :) BTW dont forget to log everything your eating everyday its VERY important especially if you want us to help you. Have a great day today and get on up and find a workout thats easy at first. Come on get a sweating!!!!!
  • Off10h8ed
    Off10h8ed Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    OK, part of the problem is that I added this app on my phone. I just now (this morning) realized I could also access it on the computer. I do not see the message boards and such from my phone. I will look around more and add people. I defiantly need the encouragement. Thank you all so much for your responses. :)

Two questions...

1) How do I "friend" people here?
    2) How do I add a signature with the ticker to my posts?
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I take it you figured out the ticker thing. To friend someone you click on their profile and click 'add to friends'. It's always worth adding a message as most people on here do not like to accept friend requests with no message, especially as you haven't got a picture or any info on your profile.