high-protein snacks?

Options
Anybody have recommendations for high-protein snacks? I am struggling to get up to my goal of 100g of protein a day, even though I have shifted my main meals toward higher protein content. I think one of my main culprits is my snacks, which tend to be more carb heavy (even though they are usually good ones like fruit). I am trying to avoid protein bars because I never find them very satisfying and so many of them have a lot of sugar. Shakes would be a possibility at home but not very practical for work.

Any suggestions most welcome!!

Replies

• zozzabubba
    zozzabubba Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt :) and if you have the cals for it, put some nuts in it...tastes goooood! I have greek yogurt, chopped nuts and frozen berries pretty much every day for a snack
  • styxx
    styxx Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can remember the name but they sell chicken bits packaged like crisps now too - never brought them myself so probably wise to check the additives before buying (something else must be in there to make them last so long - but they are protein)
  • mskatee
    mskatee Posts: 33
    Options
    Thanks Zozza--great idea! I sometimes do something like this for breakfast but hadn't considered it for a snack.
  • kateowp
    kateowp Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    -edemame (I like to munch on them plain)
    -deli meat (I like to roll up thick slices of turkey with mustard)
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky is a favorite. Just make sure you read the labels and make sure there's no MSG. Tillamook and Oberto don't use MSG, last time I checked, but Jack Link does.
  • mskatee
    mskatee Posts: 33
    Options
    brilliant, you guys! thanks so much for the suggestions so far. i'm in the UK and i find the beef jerky here is terrible--i should get my mom to send from the States!