erm, my 3rd day :)

i am new here, but this is my 3rd day.
i used to drink an energy drink with my breakfast, and live on fizzy pop throughout the day.
for the first two days without anything fizzy i had a terrible headache, feeling much better so far today.
:):):) i feel that between nothing fizzy and keeping within my calorie allowance i am going to have a fabulous first weigh in :D

Replies

• DiabolicBooger
    DiabolicBooger Posts: 198 Member
    learn to love diet soda and coffee...i drink diet dr pepper cherry and its yummy
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Sounds awesome! Soda is a hard thing to get rid of, I haven't been able to kick the Diet Coke habit myself! Keep going strong!
  • Jessb1985
    Jessb1985 Posts: 264 Member
    Great work :) Good luck with the weigh in!
  • GoalSixPack
    GoalSixPack Posts: 60 Member
    I also gave up pop and energy drinks. Used to drink 2-4 2-liters of m-dew in a single gaming night. Could switch to diet if your need to have one but try to use it has a treat. Best of luck!!
  • SusanneWhittington
    SusanneWhittington Posts: 339 Member
    yes, harder than to resist chocolate and cake and cookies... I was off sodas for 3 years, just one diet coke and woosh I am on it again and cannot stop, but I try to reduce the intake to a minimum, it used to be my only drink. Now I add a lot of water and tea.
  • Pop is the worse thing to drink, even diet, if you have managed three days without it, the headaches will go. Its the withdrawal of caffeine and sugar which is causing the headaches, but once that has left your body you will not suffer headaches anymore.
    Drink plenty of water instead and that will hydrate you. Pop dehydrates you because of all the sugar/caffeine content, another reason you will suffer with headaches when coming off it.
    Think water! Drink as often as you can, and a pint glass before each meal!
  • Crosbinium
    Crosbinium Posts: 415 Member
    I managed to swap out soda for flavored seltzer. Sometimes with an added dash of lime juice.