what is my body shape with pics?

Options
i want to find a site that can show me my ideal body shape and size that i have seen afew people have used but i keep getting different shapes from different sites!

can you please tell me my body shape?

this picture is a little old but this is pretty much me now

DSC_0095.jpg

148920_10151579659385637_582955636_23987185_846284942_n.jpg

300878_10152019233795637_557486271_n.jpg

also do you think i need to lose more weight or just tone??

be honest!

thanks

Replies

• Broderick50
    Broderick50 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    you already look great just like a barbie doll i think you just need to tone up
  • suuusuuu
    Options
    looks like hourglass to me, though it might look that way because of the choice of your clothes (ie. flattering ones)
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Oh, I stuggle with this too!

I'd say you are an hourglass. You have a defined waist and look fairly equal top and bottom.

I would say tone, you don't look as if you would have much more to lose to me. :bigsmile:
  • 3under2
    3under2 Posts: 133
    Options
    I would also vote hourglass shape. I don't think you need to lose more, just tone up and then you'll be good to go.

Scarlet
  • Em_runs_away
    Em_runs_away Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Hourglass is my vote too,lucky you.
  • Peony459
    Options
    Hourglass seems to be the way to go. (although you could be a little bigger up top than below, so you might want to measure just to be sure you're roughly even top and bottom.)

And the silver shoes look better with the pink dress. LOL (which ones did you pick?)
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    As said, hourglass to me and looking very good. One tip though, matching shoes are a must :P
  • lt3ag4s
    lt3ag4s Posts: 835 Member
    Options
    You have a very lovely hourglass figure. I dont think you need to work on anything. Maintain what you have and exercise for ability goals.
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    No offense to the OP, but I doubt she is an hourglass. To be an hourglass, your waist needs to be at least 10" (or 9"?) smaller than your hips and bust. Hourglass is a very rare shape, even I am not one, I am just a wide shouldered pear. I think too many people slap the label of hourglass on people when it's often not the case.

OP, I think you may be a spoon shape, or a ruler. I'm not sure.
  • em9371
    em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    from the pics I'd say hourglass, your chest and hips look pretty equal and you go in at the waist. What are your chest-waist-hip measurements?

I don't think you need to lose any more weight, you look fabulous to say you've had kids so close together!
    I would work on building muscle now, eating at or slightly above maintenance with at least 25-30% protein, and weights more than cardio which will make you look more 'toned' / defined, you may even gain a little weight but will look better as your muscle mass increases and body fat% drops:-)
  • hougt
    hougt Posts: 1,088
    Options
    Taken from wikipedia:

Female shapes
    The four most common female body shapes: banana, apple, pear, and hourglassIndependent of fat percentage, weight or width, female body shapes are categorised in some Western cultures into one of four elementary geometric shapes,[18] though there are very wide ranges of actual sizes within each shape:

Apple or V shape (triangle downward)
    Apple shaped women have broad(er) shoulders compared to their (narrower) hips.[18] Apple shaped women tend to have slim legs/thighs, while the abdomen and chest look larger compared to the rest of the body. Fat is mainly distributed in the abdomen, chest, and face.
    Banana, straight or I shape (rectangular)
    The waist measurement is less than 9 inches smaller than the hips or bust measurement.[18] Body fat is distributed predominantly in the abdomen, buttocks, chest, and face. This overall fat distribution creates the typical ruler (straight) shape.
    Pear, spoon, bell or A shape (triangle upward)
    The hip measurement is greater than the bust measurement.[18] The distribution of fat varies, with fat tending to deposit first in the buttocks, hips, and thighs. As body fat percentage increases, an increasing proportion of body fat is distributed around the waist and upper abdomen. The women of this body type tend to have a (relatively) larger rear, thicker thighs, and a small(er) bosom.
    Hourglass or X shape. (triangles opposing, facing in)
    The hip and bust are almost of equal size with a narrow waist.[18] Body fat distribution tends to be around both the upper body and lower body. This body type enlarges the arms, chest, hips, and rear before other parts, such as the waist and upper abdomen.
    A study of the shapes of over 6,000 women, carried out by researchers at the North Carolina State University circa 2005, found that 46% were banana (rectangular), just over 20% pear, just under 14% apple, and 8% hourglass.[18] Another study has found "that the average woman's waistline had expanded by six inches since the 1950s" and that today's women are taller and have bigger busts and hips than those of the 1950s.[18]
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    dont think it matters what shape you are, you look good!

it depends on what look you are going for to whether you stay as you are, or go for reducing your BF%?
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Is "great shape" a body shape? :smile:
    I wouldn't say you need to lose any more weight.

Treat yourself to a new pair of (matching) shoes to celebrate!
  • Anastasia0511
    Anastasia0511 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    i want to find a site that can show me my ideal body shape and size that i have seen afew people have used but i keep getting different shapes from different sites!

can you please tell me my body shape?

this picture is a little old but this is pretty much me now

DSC_0095.jpg

148920_10151579659385637_582955636_23987185_846284942_n.jpg

300878_10152019233795637_557486271_n.jpg

also do you think i need to lose more weight or just tone??

be honest!

thanks
    I don't think you need to lose any weight at all but maybe pay attention to your shoes. Haha kidding about the shoes obviously you're matching them up with the dress :happy: I think you look a bit athletic.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success. You look happy: I especially like the second photo -- very pretty.

Of the eight female body types of which I'm aware, I'd say you're closest to Hourglass.

More weight? No; but if you finished out your goal, you wouldn't be too skinny either.

At this juncture, I think you'd do well to start lifting heavy (5 - 12 repetition range): deadlifts, squats, bench press, shoulder press, rows, along with pull-ups and dips.

From looking at your body, you even appear to have the genetic potential to be a fitness model or even a competitive bodybuilder -- if you wanted it.
  • davery1985
    davery1985 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, id say you dont need to loose anymore weight. I think you look nicely toned too :-) I wish i looked as toned as you! I think you look like an hour glass! Well done!!
  • suuusuuu
    Options
    why is everyone talking about her losing weight though? I don't see her asking about that, all I see is a question about what is her body shape... She isn't asking if she should lose weight...
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    why is everyone talking about her losing weight though? I don't see her asking about that, all I see is a question about what is her body shape... She isn't asking if she should lose weight...

You have to read the entire post.
  • jeanniebspurs
    jeanniebspurs Posts: 21 Member
    Options

she asks at the bottom if she needs 2 lose weight or tone up thats why people r talking about losing weight :)
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options

Yes she is. At the bottom of the post.

I'm with the just about everyone else. Hourglass. Not an extreme hourglass, but an hourglass none-the-less. A very nice shape, with fantastic legs!

I also wouldn't worry about losing more weight. At very least, don't focus on the scale. Maybe set your goal to a half pound a week, and focus on measurements, how clothes fit, and photos to track your progress.