Any tips to staying on the wagon?

Options
ok - so I had a super stressful week last week - taught a kids camp from 9:30-4:30, got sick for a couple of days and then threw my excellent train of clean eating and working out, out the window - I`m back today, Monday, scared to weigh myself as Ì don`t want to lower my lbs lost! I was doing brilliantly for over two weeks straight before that - I want to end the falling off the wagaon and the yo-yo dieting - any advice, please help! thx, c :)

Replies

• hellokitty41489
    Options
    It honestly all has to do with your will power; only YOU can make sure you don't fall off the wagon. You have to want it bad enough to put your bad week aside and just keep plugging on regardless. If you gain weight from last week you just have to learn from it and move forward. It's not an easy or overnight process I've been at it 8 months now and have had MANY ups and downs; you just have to make sure that your downs don't pull you off course. Good luck!
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Here's what I recommend. Ask yourself-why are you doing this? Do you want to feel better? Is if just for you? So you can keep up with your kids? So you can serve God? Whatever your reasons, put that at the forefront. When you are tempted to throw it all out the window, consider your reason for doing it all. Ask that reason if it's okay to throw it out the window.

for example, my goal is to be able to play with my kids and serve God. If I'm tempted to throw everything out the window, I imagine what they would say if I asked them. Kids, Lord, is it okay with you if I just don't give a crap today? Then I imagine the answer. That sobers me right up.

If your reasons is all about feeling better, then ask yourself= would I rather have it easy for a few hours today, or feel better tomorrow? Would I rather spend a few minutes right now cooking or feel like crap later? Compare the cost and benefits honestly and I think you'll find that it's easier to choose what you really want.

HTH
  • cjc166
    cjc166 Posts: 222
    Options
    My biggest thing is not to beat myself up when I fall off. Just get right back on! Falling off is not failing, it's just a test.
  • TheArmadillo
    TheArmadillo Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Plan ahead - instead of picking at whatever, pack yourself a lunch and snacks/drinks. If that's not possible check out nutritional info for where you are going as best you can and work out what you're having ahead of it. Figure out ahead of time where you are going to fit your workouts in.

But also don't push yourself to hard, then you will fail. Build in rest days, plan around when you will be tired and will want something quick to eat (make your own ready meals and freeze or have something quick and easy but healthy on hand) or will be too exhausted for a workout. It doesn't have to be a full workout or nothing, change it up for something shorter/lower intensity like a walk/jog/cycle if you know you will be tired. Factor this in and it won't be a 'failure' or a 'falling off the wagon', you will already have fit it in/worked around it.
  • VigilantC
    Options
    thank yoU!