Newbie question - calories burned with weight training

Options
How come weight training calories burned are not subtracted from your daily results like cardio. Or is it and I just need to learn how to do it? Thank you - Mike

Replies

• MrsSexton2013
    MrsSexton2013 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you search under cardio, there is an option for strength/resistance training.
  • majones_orl
    majones_orl Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    When I load any exercise (elliptical, weight, yard work) it get add to my totals. Not sure where you are looking.
  • KellyL23
    KellyL23 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    There is an option to choose Strength Training under the cardiovascular exercises section, and this will subtract out calories burned. It is not a high calorie burn exercise, but it is at least something.
  • mrsains
    mrsains Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Hi Mike: Under cardio exercises, type in "Strength Training (weight lifting, weight training)". That is what I use to estimate what I have burned during a strength training workout.

Hope that helps!
  • sathor
    sathor Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    the 'strength' section is for seeing what you did, a log of your accomplishment, so to speak, for the Calorie part, its under cardio.

I did kinda stop using the strength section when I started reverse pyramiding, too much clutter.
  • mgoupil
    mgoupil Posts: 3
    Options
    Wow! You folks are all over this board. Thanks for the very fast and helpful replies. Have a great day - Mike
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Strength training done right has a good bit greater effect on your physique than the "calories burned" number would imply IMO.