Creeper at the gym!

Options
So I'm at the gym on the elliptical drenched in sweat. I had been on there for over an hour. Two guys come in the gym. One of them goes to the back to start lifting. The other walks around for a bit then comes and sits down on the exercise bike that is right behind me. After a few minutes I notice he isn't working out. He is just sitting there staring at my butt as if it was a movie. I figure this activity would get boring after a while....it didn't. I had to just leave. This dude was really creepin me out :(

Replies

• jen10st
    jen10st Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Eeewww! That is so not acceptable behaviour. If I didn't feel I could say something to him I'd have to say something to one of the gyms instructors. Some may say "take it as a compliment" but if it makes you uncomfortable then its not a compliment its creepy.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    I would have been like Hi, Can I help you? I know I have a nice butt, but didn't anyone ever tell you it's not nice to stare?

I've had many a meathead stare at me while I lift and do other things in the gym.. and normally I stare back until they look away!
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I would have reported him to the staff at the gym. They don't want people there intimidating their customers and making them uncomfortable. I mean it's one thing for someone to check you out, that's going to happen. It's a whole other thing to make a point of sitting back and staring.
  • leanne9876
    leanne9876 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    So I'm at the gym on the elliptical drenched in sweat. I had been on there for over an hour. Two guys come in the gym. One of them goes to the back to start lifting. The other walks around for a bit then comes and sits down on the exercise bike that is right behind me. After a few minutes I notice he isn't working out. He is just sitting there staring at my butt as if it was a movie. I figure this activity would get boring after a while....it didn't. I had to just leave. This dude was really creepin me out :(

ewwww creepy, I hope you don't have to deal with that ever again. If it does happen again I think you should inform the gym staff to keep an eye on him.
  • hughtwalker
    hughtwalker Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    What you do is:
    1. stop
    2. get off the trainer
    3. go over to the guy and (IN A VERY LOUD VOICE) "explain" to how the bike works - e.g. that one has To put one's feet on the pedals and make them go round.
    4. tell him he is entirely welcome (as if he had said thanks) and equally loudly tell him not to hesitate to ask the staff if the technicalities of the equipmet conTinue To be beyond him.
  • apedeb09
    apedeb09 Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Wow.. what a jerk! I would've stared at him until he knocked it off.. Unacceptable.
  • CVAB
    CVAB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I probably would have just turned around and started at him. Yes for aggressive awkwardness.
  • haylz247
    haylz247 Posts: 435
    Options
    ewww creepy! i'd have asked him what the hell he was playing at!
  • MTBrob
    MTBrob Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    So sorry.. but you did have a nice butt!
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    So sorry.. but you did have a nice butt!

:laugh:
    You beat me to it!
  • dinosnopro
    dinosnopro Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    I was actually waiting fore my pre- workout supplements to kick in......I guess next time I will sit somewhere else.
  • AlphamaleBAMF
    AlphamaleBAMF Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    He is just sitting there staring at my butt as if it was a movie.

Maybe you have a nice butt?

You think that is bad. Today when I was at Uni this guy who was in my class but is a complete stranger came up to me while I was using the urinal and said "Hello, how are you doing?"

I was gobsmacked. It made my whole genital area contract sharply and I couldn't finish going to the toilet until he'd left.
  • Plates559
    Plates559 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    I'll need to see a picture of your butt to make a decision...
  • Determinednoob
    Determinednoob Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Yeah wtf dude just shoot some video with a smart phone and move on!

not srs
  • eatcleanNtraindirty
    eatcleanNtraindirty Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Yeah that's a little weird. You should go inform one of the gym staff about his behavior if that continues. I personally don't talk to many women (or men for that matter) at the gym because usually I am really focused and into my workouts. Even if there is an attractive girl working out I still usually don't talk to them because of how many stories I've heard of guys being "creepy" or bothering girls at the gym by talking to them while they're working out. Those are 2 of the last things I would want to come off as in the gym, so I just stick to my own workout and smile if eye contact is made.
  • TheNewLeslie
    TheNewLeslie Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I know they are *trying* to make a joke, but (some of) the men's comments on this thread are kinda disturbing. Like somehow it's OK for men at the gym to behave this way and that we, as women, need to be less uptight.

NO. Next time, call the guy out. Make him feel just as awkward as you do when he is obviously staring at you.
  • KrisThomas1964
    Options
    What you do is:
    1. stop
    2. get off the trainer
    3. go over to the guy and (IN A VERY LOUD VOICE) "explain" to how the bike works - e.g. that one has To put one's feet on the pedals and make them go round.
    4. tell him he is entirely welcome (as if he had said thanks) and equally loudly tell him not to hesitate to ask the staff if the technicalities of the equipmet conTinue To be beyond him.

"that"
  • zeebruhgirl
    zeebruhgirl Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    You could tell someone who works at the gym, they'll ask him to move or leave
  • RUNN3Rmom
    RUNN3Rmom Posts: 441
    Options
    I was actually waiting fore my pre- workout supplements to kick in......I guess next time I will sit somewhere else.

:laugh:

But on a serious note, I'd find it a little creepy too but I'm all for being aggressive and would approach him and explain that he is making you uncomfortable and if he could sit elsewhere to allow his pre-workout supplements kick in ;)
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I workout with a scowl on my face, that keeps them away ;D