bad binge!! omg....I feel so ashamed.

Options
I started 30 days ago and lost 11 pounds. Last night I ate 9 cookies (250) each!!!! I feel so ashamed! I felt out of control! OMG...now I wonder if I'll ever make it. I'm so mad at myself.

Replies

• acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Punishment can only take you so far. If you feel too guilty, you may question why do this at all and then give up - not what you want. I've had crazy binges, probably everyone has.

The thing to do is ask yourself why you felt the need to eat all the cookies? Did it make you feel better or worse? What could you have done differently?
  • shygur
    shygur Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Ok, you did it, but do NOT, I repeat, do NOT let this end your lifestyle change. We all have things that we do like that but the trick is to pick ourselves up and get back on track right away and not let guilt throw us off track permanently. One slip up is not the end of the world. You CAN do this and you made a good choice by confessing and asking for help. Good luck,
    Rebecca
  • kate4vt
    kate4vt Posts: 20
    Options
    Remember all those times before when you tried to lose weight? If you're anything like me, that binge would have pushed you over the edge into thinking you're a failure.

Well, you're not. This time is different.

The best thing you can do is move on. Don't let a single binge ruin all you've accomplished thus far. Just start today like the new day it is! Yesterday is forgotten.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just remember how terrible you feel now. Next time if you binge, end it before 9. Get back on the horse. You can do it!
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    Time to brush it off. It's done. Lots of us have been there. You fell back into an old habit for a moment. But it's in the past. Chin up, chick, back to health and wholeness x
  • MichelleL2016
    MichelleL2016 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You can't expect to eat perfectly all day every day. And it does get discouraging sometimes, but just remember that it's a new day and you get a fresh start. So just work out a little extra today, like go for a couple extra walks or something, and it'll be alright.

And you've made it for 30 days that's awesome! So don't let one bad night set you back. You've made great progress so just remember that and remember why you're doing this in the first place.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    couple weeks ago I ate 2 lbs of bacon... because they had bacon at work and it was free.. and I love bacon.

but I stuck to it for the rest of the week and I still lost the same 1.8lbs I aim for every week.

one bad binge isnt the end of the world. stick back to it.

just come away with two things:

1. It wasnt the end of the world.. dont quit because you made a minor mistake.
    2. it didnt feel good. lose the association of massive amount of good food = happy.. and it helps a lot.
  • asticoral
    Options
    You can't expect to eat perfectly all day every day. And it does get discouraging sometimes, but just remember that it's a new day and you get a fresh start. So just work out a little extra today, like go for a couple extra walks or something, and it'll be alright.

And you've made it for 30 days that's awesome! So don't let one bad night set you back. You've made great progress so just remember that and remember why you're doing this in the first place.

Great thoughts here.......!
    Cheese and peanut butter always do me in, its a frightful battle and sometimes I decide not to fight, lol What I have done is replace the real cheese or PB with GOOD kinds so its not such a oops.... in a cookie I'd suggest looking for http://www.whonucookies.com/ at your local grocer they are not your standard "lo-cal" cookie, I can personally vouch for the chocolate chip... quite good!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    you make it sound like you never fell down in your life ( if you never did you should call the Guinness people). We all get tripped up in life but you just get up, dust yourself and get back to it. Harness this anger/shame and take it for a walk with some good music or an audio book and you can burn the 2750 calories off.

Don't be too hard on yourself we are only human.
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Okay...looking at this. Number one. I don't bring food like this in my house. I bought it for my doctor and his receptionist (her request). Two, I did not go shopping and I ALWAYS have healthy alternatives in my house. Three, I am a little depressed about some things going on in my relationship and have not talked about it. Four, I have noticed men looking at me and flirting and I don't like it. ....... wow... eye opener.
  • ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    This makes me feel better. I'm jumping back on my healthy eating track. I feel like "yuck" today! So going to do my juicing. When I eat nutrient dense food (juice)....I don't even feel hungry or fighting a binge. My ex or kinda still sometimes boyfriend has an organic garden. BEST food on earth. To the juicer now before work ...and at work we have workouts daily and a gym. I work at a health clinic. Who has this at work? I am blessed. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR SUPPORT!!!!
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of people here struggle with things like this. I definitely do and also have had a few binges recently. When I'm struggling, I just make my diary private so I don't get too embarrassed to log. For me, binges are more common when I am eating too many refined carbs. So, for the next few weeks I am going to focus on detoxing from refined carbs and sugars to get my binges back under control.
  • KristysLosing
    Options
    One thing people always tell me...tomorrow is another day! You can do this! Don't let this bad binge ruin the whole kit-n-kaboodle for you!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,241 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! We all have our moments. The key is letting it go and getting back on track. Don't let this push you over the edge. Find out what your triggers are and most all just don't bring those items in the house.

Don't beat yourself up and get some extra cardio in this week!
  • susiebear29
    Options
    don't beat yourself up hun, it's done now you can't change it, all you can do is change the future, I have been bingeing my whole life it is a constant struggle not to some days I just give in but some days (like today!) I feel strong enough not to and get my *kitten* down the gym instead!! you are doing so well don't give up!!! sorry you are having problems I hope things get better for you soon, keep smiling!! :smile:
  • TheGuyMatt
    Options
    I will be you a dime to a dollar that if you continue eating normally the rest of the week, you will still lose the same amount of weight this week as you have been. Your body can't pack away all 2250 calories, plus whatever else you ate yesterday. It's a system overload. A lot of "gurus" will tell you that one binge day or meal a week is actually good for your body, because the incredible excess of calories causes your body to ramp up your metabolism in order to try to process all of the intake.

The long of the short of it is, it's really not a big deal. Just think how tasty they were, and look forward to the next time you can have some (but maybe not 9 ;) )
  • luvinlivi333
    luvinlivi333 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Feeling guilty and dwelling on the binge is just going to make you feel worse! Try not to deprive yourslef of these foods and a binge is less likely to occur. I recently started reading a book called "Food: The Good Girls Drug". It's a really great book that focuses on binge and emotional eating. Remember that a pound is 3500 calories and your 9 cookies equals 2250 calories, which is not even a pound. 30 days is awesome, don't let this little bump in the road hold you back!
  • yellowfeather101
    Options
    It's alright - we've all done it. I'm glad you've relized it was wrong - now ask your self what you can do to fix it. Do an extra workout? Eat less at a meal. Try to think of something and when you do. do it you'll feel SO much better!!:smile:
  • bulbadoof
    bulbadoof Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    It's okay! Everyone is allowed to slip up every so often. This lifestyle is less about day-to-day and more about longterm habits you're creating. If you eat well regularly, exercise regularly, and take very good care of your body 99% of the time, the other 1% doesn't even matter.
  • DaniJeanine
    DaniJeanine Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I started 30 days ago and lost 11 pounds. Last night I ate 9 cookies (250) each!!!! I feel so ashamed! I felt out of control! OMG...now I wonder if I'll ever make it. I'm so mad at myself.

We've all been there and we know how terrible you feel after!! Trust me. But don't worry...it was only ONE night and as long as you get back on track it won't effect you at all (just don't go jumping on the scale today or tomorrow lol) Friend me if you'd like support and do your best to shake it off!! :)