Hello

Options
kayfrog
kayfrog Posts: 109 Member
So, I've struggled with weight my whole life and have never been able to do it alone, so I signed up here for support (I don't even remember signing up here months ago but I'm gonna use it now!). I've tried diets and never stuck with them and always regained, but a few days ago, I made a resolution to change my lifestyle for the long haul. I've been having knee problems and for as long I can remember, I've had back problems. I've totally changed my eating and gotten rid of all junk in my house and today is the first day I haven't felt fatigued in months. I also started a low impact cardio work out called "Xtend Barre Lean and Chiseled" to help work me up to a more high impact workout (I just ordered 30 Day Shred, so I'm hoping to start that when it gets here).

My goal is to loose 50lbs of fat, not necessarily weight. I will not be using my scale, seeing as it likes to spit out random numbers (172.8 once then 174.4 the next try) and will be using my measuring tape to record my progress.

I hope to make friends, find inspiration and meet my goal of finally being healthy and fit.

Thank you all :)

Kayla

Replies

• ChrisRod215
    ChrisRod215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I have 50lbs to loose! Just joined yesterday
  • kayfrog
    Options
    I'll be your friend! I have 50lbs to loose! Just joined yesterday

Just added you, thank you! I wish you lots of luck on your weight loss journey :D
  • SuperSnoopy
    SuperSnoopy Posts: 3,464 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I would love to support you if I can. The journey you are taking is not easy as you know from previous experience, but together hopefully you will get there. It worked for me and still does. Keep smiling - nice picture too is it recent?
    Im from Nottingham in the UK. XX
  • Dezmodus
    Dezmodus Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

It's nice to see there's someone who enjoys making art. You might be able to use that as a way to keep your mind off snacks if you get those random (or late night) cravings

What kind of art did you make?
  • cindyj7
    cindyj7 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! Feel free to add me - I'm a great cheerleader!!
  • kayfrog
    Options
    Hi there, I would love to support you if I can. The journey you are taking is not easy as you know from previous experience, but together hopefully you will get there. It worked for me and still does. Keep smiling - nice picture too is it recent?
    Im from Nottingham in the UK. XX

Thank you so much :) Yes, its a recent photo.
    Welcome!

It's nice to see there's someone who enjoys making art. You might be able to use that as a way to keep your mind off snacks if you get those random (or late night) cravings

What kind of art did you make?

I'm really hoping I can throw myself back into my art, I used to immerse myself in it and be so passionate, but I just lost all drive to it. I do figure drawing (ironic that I love drawing beautiful bodies but don't have one myself) some painting and sculpting.

Thank you for the warm welcome!
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! Feel free to add me - I'm a great cheerleader!!

Will add you now :D
  • Erthwalkur
    Erthwalkur Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, there is lots of support to be had here! :-) Add me if you like. Lots of DVD programs out there that are good...to mix things up a bit...and keep things rolling. I have the 30 shred DVD too. Look into Slim in 6...you can get some used copies on Amazon. :smile:
  • ChrisRod215
    ChrisRod215 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Good Luck to you too!
  • kayfrog
    Options
    Hey, there is lots of support to be had here! :-) Add me if you like. Lots of DVD programs out there that are good...to mix things up a bit...and keep things rolling. I have the 30 shred DVD too. Look into Slim in 6...you can get some used copies on Amazon. :smile:

I know, I wasn't expecting so much support, I'm very grateful and will be adding you in a sec! I've got the Upper Body, Core and Lower Body "Ballet Body" work outs and I started on those first.... they kicked my butt majorly because I set my expectations too high. So I started lower and am staying strong, I'll be outgrowing my current DVD soon since its so low impact and not super high on cardio. I'll look into the Slim in 6, hoping to get some more DVDs as I get into my exercising :)
  • Sammylynn89
    Sammylynn89 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Hi!

I'm about a week in to the 30DS and love it! I have about the same amount of weight to lose too! Feel free to add me :)
  • kayfrog
    Options
    Hi!

I'm about a week in to the 30DS and love it! I have about the same amount of weight to lose too! Feel free to add me :)

Adding now :D
  • leisabee
    Options
    Hello!

I'm a MFP newbie and just started the Xtend Barre workout. Having trouble logging it as an exercise. Any suggestions on what category it falls under?