Artic Zone Ice cream Amazingly low calories!

does everyone know about this stuff? I found in kroger's today. get this: A pint of Ice cream, chocolate mint, peanut butter chocolate and several other flavors... ARe you ready for these calories??? 37 per serving!!! and you get 1/4 of the container! 150 if you eat the whole thing Sweet and good and definetly satisfied, plus it has 2 g of fiber and 3.4 of protein 0 fat and only 6 carbs it has no milk, gluten free and only organic cane sugar. It was 5.49 a bit pricey but the calories!!! unheard of !!! you could eat the whole thing and still be fine for the day!!!
Here is the ingredient list for mint chocolate chip: water, whey protien, cane sugar, chicory root, cocoa powder , guar gum, xanthum gum , natural flavors, sea salt and monk fruit. It tastes like ice cream!

Replies

• Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    It seems to be basically frozen whey protein. It is definitely not ice cream and doesn't taste like it.

i got the chocolate mint cookie one, flavor hinted at what it was supposed to be.
    Texture is like a freezer burned pudding pop.

Tip: if you decide to try it, let it thaw a bit. It's texture is much better in a softened state.
  • misskerouac
    misskerouac Posts: 2,242 Member
    It is lactose free but not dairy free. It has whey protein in it. I wish I could eat it but I'm intolerant to dairy.
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    It's ok if your in a mood to just eat a good bit in my opinion. But I think I'd rather just have a little bit of real ice cream or frozen yogurt.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    i tried it. wasn't a fan. tasted way too fake and not creamy.
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    I thought it tasted terrible.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    I liked that it was low cal, however, the taste was not creamy enough to pass as real ice cream for me. I prefer skinny cow ice cream sandwhich, they are about 150-160cals, creamy and addicting. (not diary free)
  • ALH1981
    ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
    I LOVE THE STUFF - i thin it is amazing- I've posted all over MFP about it! THe only problem is that if you eat to much it had a disastrous effect!!!! haha
  • I love it too... I bought a tub of of the vanilla bean one and was pleasantly surprised to actually see the vanilla bean seeds in it... I made some root beer floats with diet A&W and had a full cup with no regrets... I had actually forgotten about this.. thanks for the post and reminding me.. going to stop at store this week and get some more :tongue:
  • insatiable_need
    insatiable_need Posts: 127 Member
    I tried the peanut butter chocolate flavor and couldn't even get one bite down. I tried several times to eat more of it over the next couple days, but couldn't handle it. I think the description of "freezer burn" for the texture describes it perfectly. I would MUCH rather have a small amount of regular or light ice cream.
  • erinkeely4
    erinkeely4 Posts: 408 Member
    I love the maple vanilla and the coffee flavors!
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 176 Member
    sounds tempting, but with sugar in it, it might not be something a diabetic should eat. I'll have to check it out
  • caroleslaststand
    caroleslaststand Posts: 176 Member
    I LOVE THE STUFF - i thin it is amazing- I've posted all over MFP about it! THe only problem is that if you eat to much it had a disastrous effect!!!! haha

uhoh - it has some of that horrible fat substitute stuff that makes the gut explode, doesn't it?
    never mind
    that isn't worth eating, no matter how it tastes
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    I can't find 'Arctic Zone' online. I found 'Arctic Zero' at:
    http://www.myarcticzero.com/pints.php
    with nutrition facts at:
    http://www.myarcticzero.com/nutritionfacts.php

Is Arctic Zone the same as Arctic Zero?
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    So would eating the carton improve the taste?

And from the sounds of it, there is no way Ice Cream appears on the label, couldn't be called that at all legally.
  • okay, i guess I am more accustomed to healthy substitute type foods, Idk, tasted fine to me, no not ice cream but for the the chocolate flavor, and calorie amount it was fine to me, obviously I would rather have the real thing, but I am willing to make a sacrifice to save the calories
  • yes
  • no fat substitute, ingredients are listed in post
  • idk, the sugar is reported as 0g on the label
  • mfp_1
    mfp_1 Posts: 516 Member
    rubawaytheday wrote:
    yes

I can't work out what 'yes' was in response to. Did you mean: "Yes Arctic Zone is the same as Arctic Zero"?
  • Phoenix59
    Phoenix59 Posts: 364 Member
    I love this stuff! I can actually eat the entire pint without guilt or any kind of gastronomical issues. The fact that it has zero sugar makes it even better because my husband's diabetic, so I don't have to hide it from him!:happy:
  • chubbybunny69
    chubbybunny69 Posts: 1 Member
    The Today show busted the calorie count on this product so be careful things are not what they seem!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Fo Reals?? Whether people like it or not, please dont hesitate to post more great finds like this. Thanks!!!
  • wilmnoca
    wilmnoca Posts: 416 Member
    Fo Reals?? Whether people like it or not, please dont hesitate to post more great finds like this. Thanks!!!

Just saw the Today show. This product has 68% more calories than it advertises. I say we let this company fold. LIARS!
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member

Just saw the Today show. This product has 68% more calories than it advertises. I say we let this company fold. LIARS!

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/48596412/ns/today-today_rossen_reports/t/rossen-reports-can-you-believe-diet-frozen-dessert-labels/#.UDJY5aPLmz5