Strength Training and Calories

Options
Why is it that your time and calories burned don't change with strength training?? You're building muscle to help you burn more calories and also getting cardiovascular benefits from it. I understand that its different for everyone dependant on your weight, but can't they create a way to calculate that also? Can anyone help me out here??

Replies

• smileyes31
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing but wasn't sure how to go about fixing it.
  • luke_863413
    Options
    I would say that it is so variable that there is no way to figure it out so that it realistically accounts for the total burn.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    if you put strength training in under cardio instead, it does at time and calculate cals....just type in strength training for the search and it will come up
  • MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    I think the strength training is more for tracking what you've done, how many reps, etc. You still have to enter it in the cardio section, too (to track calories burned). But yeah, it will vary according to person. You might want to invest in a HRM to track what you're burning and enter that manually.
  • fishernd
    fishernd Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Simple way to know your number is to get a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). A very worthwhile investment.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Simple way to know your number is to get a Heart Rate Monitor (HRM). A very worthwhile investment.

I absolutely agree! I love mine so much! I cant see how I ever worked out with out it!!!! If you invest in one though, make sure to get one that has a chest strap, they are the most accurate...the strap takes a little getting used to but once you wear it during a couple of workouts you wont even realize its there!