NSV - Just had to share

Options
FitCowgirl8
FitCowgirl8 Posts: 175 Member
So its not much but I was proud of myself so I wanted to share it. I was out this weekend roping and competing in rodeo and usually I eat all sorts of junk and constantly go to the concession stand for my meals. This weekend I packed a cooler of fruits, nuts, cheese, and other healthy snacks and only water (No beer!) My friends were all eating doughnuts and candy bars and all the other junk I used to eat all day but I resisted all of it all weekend! :) I didn't go to the concession stand at all and ate something healthy every time I thought I would slip. By the end of the weekend I felt really great about myself! Like I said not much but I had to share

Replies

• chiera88
    chiera88 Posts: 155
    Options
    that's actually super awesome. temptation and fun activities that you used to pig out at are hard to resist. nice job!
  • OnlyIcandothis
    Options
    That's fantastic!! Definitely something to be proud of!! Great job!!
  • flsl
    flsl Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Great to change an old habit for a better one. Well done!
  • mamamc03
    mamamc03 Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    That's a FANTASTIC nsv!! Fighting temptation and realizing that crap is crap is such a HUGE step!! Way to go!! I am sure the horse is mighty appreciative!!
  • chk48
    chk48 Posts: 4
    Options
    Ohhh, I know that feeling; I went out for dinner last week and made all healthy choices. I’m usually the one going all out with the starters and desserts.

I couldn’t believe the scale was friendly the next day too, lol!

Well done.
  • LALOCHA34
    LALOCHA34 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    That is huge and we are glad you shared! Good for you. All those small changes will make a BIG difference in the end.
  • Anna800
    Anna800 Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • meangreen11
    meangreen11 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It is so difficult to continue eating healthy when you are in that environment. I have living quarters in my trailer and stock it healthy...but even then it is difficult.
  • FutureSkinnyMama03
    FutureSkinnyMama03 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    A definite victory! Temptation like that is so hard sometimes. Especially when your friends around you are caving & eating the junk. Great job on staying strong & making the right food choice!
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Not Much ?!? On this journey that we are all on, that is HUGE!!! Great Job
    And NEVER discredit any success no matter how small it may seem
    :flowerforyou: :drinker: fyi no beer in those cups
  • hunter624
    hunter624 Posts: 252
    Options
    Very well done, good luck with your journey.

:drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!