Jazzercise

Options
Does anyone have the accurate information of a TRUE 1 hour Jazzercise class? Jazzercise is a fitness class that combines dance based cardio with strength training, pilates, yoga, kick boxing, etc. I don't believe I am getting accurate information when I input "Jazzercise" into this app and it comes up with Jazzercise Slimnastics.

Replies

• Brooke1076
    Brooke1076 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I agree, I've been struggling with trying to figure out how to log it. If I plug in 60 minutes of Jazzercise, it says I burn 750+ calories. But I think it isn’t taking into consideration the on the floor, lower impact moves towards the end of the routine. I feel like it's assuming the whole 60 minutes is all dance and it's not. I started logging it as 30 minutes Jazzercise and 30 minutes weight training/strength training which brings it down to about 550 calories which seems a little more realistic to me.
  • EllyG08
    EllyG08 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I use my heart rate monitor during class, so I think I get a better reading. I also created my own Jazzercise session names, so I could distinguish my cardio and body scultping class attendance.
  • jenebeyer
    jenebeyer Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different, with different body composition, age, intensity level, etc., so there is no "norm" per se. The best way to see your caloric progress would be with a Heart Rate Monitor. I am a Jazzercise instructor and burn, on average, 650-700 calories per class. Also keep in mind that no 2 classes are alike, so depending on the routines selected by your instructor, you may see a flucuation in calories burned as well.
  • jillica
    jillica Posts: 554 Member
    Options
    If you can, get a Heart Rate Monitor (I have a Polar model). It helps you to be more confident rather than guessing because it not only takes in account your age, weight, and height (like MFP) but it can also guage your intensity.
    There are days when I can get all into it full strength and days when I'm just going through the motions - a difference of 150 calories for me!!!