high protein breakfast that isn't eggs

Options
I hate eggs and it seems like almost every healthy eating plan that I've looked at has omelets, breakfast burritos, and scrambled egg whites as breakfast options. I've tried my best to bite the bullet and try to get used to eating eggs for breakfast, but it's just so gross to me. The taste, the texture, everything. There's not a single way that I actually like eggs.

What would you suggest for a high protein breakfast that doesn't include eggs? (I'm also working toward a wheat-free lifestyle...)

Replies

• budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options
    Greek Yogurt. Heaven
    Gluten Free Whey Protein...make any combo of protein shake imaginable! Get creative
    Protein Pancakes - hundreds of recipes online.
  • Jillsway1
    Options
    Cottage cheese? or a protein bar/shake?
  • SavageFeast
    SavageFeast Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    A protein shake, bean and cheese tacos, a high-protein cereal w/ high protein milk, natural nut butter on rice cakes.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Breakfast doesn't have to be traditional breakfast foods. I've had tuna salad for breakfast since I was craving it! Cottage cheese is another good one. I've added protein powder or cottage cheese to oatmeal (when I used to eat it - make sure it says gluten-free).
  • angeldaae
    angeldaae Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    You need to ditch the idea that you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Try some chicken, or any other protein that you like.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    bump! Good question
  • DargoMack
    DargoMack Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    A smoothie with almond milk with greek yogurt and some natural nut butter and ice. Or what about low sodium and natural sliced deli meat with some cheese?
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    You need to ditch the idea that you have to eat breakfast foods for breakfast. Try some chicken, or any other protein that you like.

Yes! Think outside the cereal bowl!
  • TheRealParisLove
    TheRealParisLove Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    My breakfast smoothie today. I used plain, low fat kefir, tofu, and flax seed to get the protein up there. If I wanted even more protein I could have thrown in some whey protein powder, too.
  • budru21
    budru21 Posts: 127
    Options

You can mix chicken in and saute with salsa and veggies. Yum...add black beans, too. :-)
  • astraea82
    astraea82 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I agree with ditching the traditional breakfast, which, if you don't have eggs, often consists of pancakes, waffles, toast, and other carbs. Try ground turkey and veggies, chicken, etc.
  • vypeters
    vypeters Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Easy breakfast smoothie:

1 cup milk (I use almond unsweetened almond milk)
    1 to 1.25 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup still-frozen berries (you can buy them in a bag in the freezer section)
    1 pack of sweetner to taste (I like with strawberries, not needed with any other berry)

Blend in blender. It ends up like a milkshake without the guilt.
  • Pspetal
    Pspetal Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    How about ground turkey patties?? It come to about 24gms of protein.
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I will sometimes have cottage cheese with walnuts mixed in.
  • twaltemade
    twaltemade Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Add 6 or more eggs to these baked oatmeal bars. You wont know the ggs are there, and they are very tasty. Also freeze well...make a batch and uou can use them for weeks. I usually add some dehyydrate apples and cranberries for more flavor.

http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/baked-oatmeal-snack-bars

Edit: If you have a store with bulk foods, you could also add some whey protein isolate powder to bump your protein per serving
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    Assuming you had a high protein dinner the night before...

Leftovers.

Don't feel like you have to have traditional breakfast food just because you're eating at the traditional breakfast time of day.
  • HazelCaz
    HazelCaz Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I made a chicken salad this week with left over chicken breast, red grapes, chopped cucumber tossed in vanilla greek yogurt and sprinkled with pecans and dried blueberries. It made a great breakfast.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options

Or that... lol... beat me to it.
  • korva
    korva Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I enjoy having cereal with soymilk in the morning. Seems to fill me up.
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Chia Seeds :D
    I add them to my cereal; 1 tbsp is 4g of protein.
    Plus they are a vegan-friendly source of omega3, and offer numerous other benefits! :-)