Munchies? What is the best snack food?

Options
Since I have been working out I swear I want to eat 24/7.

What can I do to kick these cravings?

Or

What are the best snack to eat on during the day but that are also healthy aside from fruits???

Replies

• EllaNovella
    Options
    Celery and lettuce (not fruit) won't make you gain any weight... Also zero calorie sodas are good if you're craving something sweet. I personally like rice cakes with a teaspoon of peanut butter as a snack, but that adds up.
  • moneybagsbabe
    moneybagsbabe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Celery and lettuce (not fruit) won't make you gain any weight... Also zero calorie sodas are good if you're craving something sweet. I personally like rice cakes with a teaspoon of peanut butter as a snack, but that adds up.

I don't mind it containing some calories. I just want it to be fulfilling...
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    I like to snack on raw carrots, mini babybell light (40 cals) or ice lollies at the moment. I'm in the uk and the supermarkets do some which are only 50 cals each.
  • EllaNovella
    Options
    Nuts are healthy snacks as well, just don't eat too much I think you should stop at 5 or so for a snack. You can have a little frozen yogurt too and it won't add up to 200 kcals
  • healthynotthin
    healthynotthin Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Snacks that I lean toward are a slice of toast with peanut butter (150ish), a container of Chobani Greek yogurt (140-160 and a good bit of protein), and nutrigrain bars (120 per). I love fruit though, so that's a good part of my diet!
  • ocean26
    ocean26 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i love Kashi Go Lean original without milk
  • ivikatasha
    ivikatasha Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I like to eat goldfish when I am feeling snacky. 55 pieces in a single serving, not that bad. 140 calories
  • mortyfit
    mortyfit Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Almonds, usually, for me. Just a handful, satisfies the hunger pang and it's good for me. If that doesn't do it.....for me it's either wheat thins, or some raw veggies with Otria Greek Yogurt Veggie Dip (60 cals). Preferably red or yellow bell pepper, because they are LOADED with great vitamins.
  • moneybagsbabe
    moneybagsbabe Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for the responses!
  • WendyA1119
    Options
    I love Peanut Butter on a toasted whole wheat mini bagel or english muffin. So yummy!
  • naculp
    naculp Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Light string cheese is my go-to snack. Typically around 50-60 calories and about 7g protein
  • JosianneC
    JosianneC Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I like to eat goldfish when I am feeling snacky. 55 pieces in a single serving, not that bad. 140 calories

I love this idea... never even thought of goldfish before... yumm
  • phillieschic
    Options
    When I am not in the mood for fruit or veggies, and I just need something seemingly indulgent, I grab Pop Chips. The single serving bags are 100 calories of crunchy chip-like goodness!
  • MrsB123111
    MrsB123111 Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Light string cheese is my go-to snack. Typically around 50-60 calories and about 7g protein

THIS! I have 2 string cheese and a sliced deli meat as my pre-workout snack everyday!
  • elleloch
    elleloch Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    I snack all the damn time. My higher cal snacks usually include just spoonfuls of peanut butter, Larabars, greek yogurt, nuts. I also like snacking on fruit or raw veggies (celery, carrots, cucumber slices, red/yellow/orange peppers). Applesauce cups are great too.
  • JBearsMom21
    JBearsMom21 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Nuts, fruit, wheat thins , edamames. I love cashews, you can have about 49 pieces for 160 calories. Super filling and they hold me over until lunch :)

Air popped popcorn is great too! With just a bit of olive oil. I
  • msiamjan
    msiamjan Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop Kettle corn is good for crunchy, salty & a little sweet. They make 100 kcal bags that are a good snack size.
  • HornsUT32
    HornsUT32 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I agree with the goldfish. It gives me that "crunch" that I like, and at 55 pieces, the snack lasts a while.
  • Jemellc
    Jemellc Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    I snack on a bag of mixed veggies or shredded wheat.
  • happyceliza
    happyceliza Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Skinny Pop Kettle corn is good for crunchy, salty & a little sweet. They make 100 kcal bags that are a good snack size.

This is one of my favorite snacks. Also baby carrots or mini sweet bell peppers