NEW person question

Options
Hello everyone! My name is Chastity. I started this website on Monday actually cause I though it would be easier to go through with a few new friends and support. I think I'm doing okay so far. The first couple of days I didn't get in enough calories. But I'm doing all this work and I want to do it the right way. Can anyone share with me how long it was before they started to see results.

Replies

• pannellkat
    pannellkat Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Hi Chastity. I saw results in one week...6 lbs gone. I'm sure mostly water weight..but it all went down on the scale and measuring tape from there. Keep at it and good luck!
  • nikkia75
    Options
    Hi I only joined the site on monday too!
    I havent risked weighing myself since monday for the fear that i wont have lost an Ounce but i feel thinner.

Monday will be my weigh in day.

i like the encouragement im getting my being able to come on here and have my questions answered.
  • rayche319
    Options
    I just re-started today...i started on MFP almost 2 years ago; i started noticing a change right away and lost 24 lbs...before i got pregnant. My daughter is 6 months old now so it's time to get started again!

Stick with this, I've been dieting on and off since I got married (i dont think the timing is a coincidence) and this is the best help i've found.
  • Questfor250
    Options
    I started January 5 at 323. Today I am 309.4. Yes it is all water weight but 14 pounds in 8 days is just what a change in lifestyle needs. As a guy I know it is easier for us to lose weight but mentally losing weight is losing weight. I know that by dropping calorie count to a constant 2000 per day my huge body will get smaller. I am 6'6" and at 323 I was absolutely huge. Something snapped in me and now I am in full "smart eating mode".

I want to mention something that I have seen repeatedly here. IMHO I think the word diet is absolutely wrong. Why? If you are dieting then you plan on putting weight back on. Then you diet again and lose it before you put it back on again. I am not dieting. I am changing my life for the better. I am setting goals for calorie intake and sticking to it regardless. I will not put the weight back on because I am sticking to 2000 calories, working out for 30 minutes a day and burning 400 calories that creates a deficit. I lose weight. When I get to my goal, I maintain a net of 2000. Maybe it is more. I haven't been at my goal weight for 25 years. Think about it though. Don't diet. Eat smart. Healthy. Within your needs and you can maintain. If you hit a stumble then regroup and maintain. Just my opinion.
  • E010817
    E010817 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone. I started Monday also. Although I don't necessarily feel like I've lost any weight, I think it's definitely helping me to see what I've been wating and WHY I've gained the weight in the past.

I'm still struggling to eat healthier foods but I'm at least paying attention, right?