Breakfast / After Workout Shakes

Options
With the new semester coming up, I wanted to get some ideas on Breakfast shakes. Prior to rejoining MFP, i was doing the Slow Carb Diet (4 hour body), which worked until i lost the will power to continue it. and thanks to 4HB, i can't stand having eggs in the morning (as that was the only thing i was really able to have). just the smell of eggs now makes my stomach instantly make itself feel full and nauseous.

as of now, i'm avoiding carbs so having toast in the morning is out.

what kind of ideas and/or recipes do you all have for breakfast shakes? what would you typically have for breakfast in the morning?

thank you in advance for all of your responses :happy:

Replies

• jodiegauv91
    Options
    I'm not into shakes but typically in the morning I'll have greek yogurt (for the protein) with fruit and a high fiber cereal. Relatively low on carbs and filling :)
  • hdhinkso
    Options
    I often have the following as a breakfast shake it fills me up until my am snack:

1 scoop Cyto Vanilla Protein Powder
    1 Apple
    1 scoop Vibrance Greens (Powder)
    1/3 c frozen blue berries
    1 c water

Sometimes I add my liquid vitamins to this too and if I can spare the calories a tbl of peanut butter. Blend it up (I have a vitamix so it gets real smooth).
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    Eight ounces of vanilla almond milk, 1/3 cup of quick oats, two tablespoons of peanut butter, a banana, and two scoops of chocolate protein powder. Put it in he blender and enjoy!
  • jfatheree78
    jfatheree78 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I use Shakeology. Love the chocolate flavor. It's all natural, full of vitamins, minerals, probiotics and digestive enzymes and it keeps me full for about 3 hours.
  • think48
    think48 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite is 1 cup of unsweetened almond milk, 1 very large handful of baby spinach, and 1 scoop of chocolate protein. Blend with 2 handfuls of ice. Tastes much like a chocolate shake! :) I try to avoid putting fruit in my smoothies/shakes because I like to actually eat fruit so no sense in doubling up. :)
  • Yieya
    Yieya Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    A few times a week I have this for breakfast:
    1/2 cup coconut milk (I use the unsweetened kind)
    1/2 cup of vanilla kifer (or you can use greek yogurt but kifer has more protein)
    1 cup of mixed berries
    1/2 a banana
    1/4 an avocado
    Dash of cinnamon

I freeze the fruit and avocado the night before, then blend in the morning with the kefir and coconut milk. It comes out to about 270 cal for the whole drink! Enjoy.
  • pudgeylou
    pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I am not a big fan of breakfast to begin with so I have been having the Visalus shake in the morning. I get to flavor it with whatever I want and I actually like the flavor and I don't mind drinking my breakfast. I add a cup of fresh fruit to it so most times it takes like a smoothie. The Visalus product is fairly expensive (in my book it is anyway), but it is one of the best I have found so far.