My first 1/2 marathon...anyone else??

Options
Hello!

I am looking for friends that are training for any races....especially 1/2 marathon! I am on week 2 and participating in the Rock and Roll marathon in Las Vegas in December.

Jen

Replies

• DBRobinson13
    DBRobinson13 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    YES! Hope to run the Dallas Half in December (Formerly called Dallas White Rock). Also running a 10 mile run in October. What training plan are you using?
  • gshoemaker06
    gshoemaker06 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Hello!

I am looking for friends that are training for any races....especially 1/2 marathon! I am on week 2 and participating in the Rock and Roll marathon in Las Vegas in December.

Jen

Hey, I'm training for the columbus half marathon with my gf (coincidentally named Jen) and for the tough mudder (12 miles + obstacles). Both will be first time for me
  • Jenkhodge
    Options
    I'm using the running room book, "Start to Finish". My goal is to finish!

Also doing a 5km in Sepember...but I think I have that one down!
  • Jenkhodge
    Options
    What are your training plans?
  • gshoemaker06
    Options

I'm not sticking to a set plan. Since I'm training for a tough mudder and half-marathon at the same time it varies constantly. I'm usually running about 10 miles through the week (speed work, sprints, 5ks) with a 8-10 mile slow run on the weekend.

As for the tough mudder, I'm doing circuits, weight training, and sprints/swimming
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Jen

I've done this run...IT'S AWESOME!!!

I just finished my training with my half on Saturday.
  • cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options

I'm not sticking to a set plan. Since I'm training for a tough mudder and half-marathon at the same time it varies constantly. I'm usually running about 10 miles through the week (speed work, sprints, 5ks) with a 8-10 mile slow run on the weekend.

As for the tough mudder, I'm doing circuits, weight training, and sprints/swimming

I just ran a half Saturday, and I'm doing the WI Tough Mudder in 3 weeks so I feel your pain. I haven't dedicated that much time to actually training for the Mudder though, as I have been much more concerned with the Half Marathon. Now that it's over I can fully dedicate 3 weeks to TM training! Not too sure it's going to work out all that well, but I'm sure it will still be very fun.
  • sarafil
    sarafil Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Yes! I am currently training for my first half marathon, which is on Sept. 23rd. Just had my longest run ever last Saturday, which was 12 miles. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • gshoemaker06
    Options

I just ran a half Saturday, and I'm doing the WI Tough Mudder in 3 weeks so I feel your pain. I haven't dedicated that much time to actually training for the Mudder though, as I have been much more concerned with the Half Marathon. Now that it's over I can fully dedicate 3 weeks to TM training! Not too sure it's going to work out all that well, but I'm sure it will still be very fun.

What are you doing for the tough mudder? I used to do their old routine which was sprints on for 1 minute off (light jogging) for 4-5 mins for 30-60 minutes. Also a circuit deal with 16 exercises at a minute each x2. That one was amazing and I always felt it.

Have you tried their new suggested workout (on their website)? I think it sucks and the exercises are either way to each (like the crawl) and I don't feel it or they are ridiculous hard and I don't last 20 seconds (like the towel pull-up)
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    I am training for my first 1/2! Mine is October 28th in Houston!
  • _canuckrunner_
    _canuckrunner_ Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my first 1/2 in Moab in October, feel free to add me and good luck on yours!
  • mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    I'm not training for a half b/c I did my 1st in july. I started running last year, but got serious about it this year.

I do plan on doing another half, but not until i do my tough mudder which is not until jan next year, then I do plan on doing another half.

I love running. feel free to add me.

And good luck, and have fun.
  • ChasingStarlight
    ChasingStarlight Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Yes, I am training for my first half in mid October. I am just starting training now. I ran a 14k a week ago so I am not too worried about building up the distance. I will add you, feel free to add me anyone else!
  • Colbyandsage
    Colbyandsage Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. My first is in Nov.

Good luck!
  • ridestride
    ridestride Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    My first 13.1 with Columbus Marathon on Oct 21st. Happy share experiences and pats on the back :)