Advocare not working?

Options
I am currently pretty frustrated with my body. I have been on the 24-day challenge now for 10 days, and haven't lost ANY inches, or weight. I'm following the diet plan completely. I'm so discouraged, especially since I exercise (cardio and weight lifting) 6 days a week. I'm even considering getting my blood tested for possible thyroid issues. It doesn't help matters when I see videos of people who have been on Advocare, and have lost like 16 lbs in the first 10 days. I'm utterly confused. I've even started to change up my workout regimen with adding swimming laps to my zumba classes, treadmill, elliptical, and weight lifting. Does anyone have any tips? :(

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Yes, stop wasting money on quick-fixes and just eat at a deficit and exercise.
  • OkobojiMomma
    Options
    I lost 30 pounds on AdvoCare LOVE LOVE LOVE everything about it! I JUST started working out on a regular basisbut have been doing AdvoCare about 3 months
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    Yes, stop wasting money on quick-fixes and just eat at a deficit and exercise.

This
  • OkobojiMomma
    Options
    TETO:)
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I am currently pretty frustrated with my body. I have been on the 24-day challenge now for 10 days, and haven't lost ANY inches, or weight. I'm following the diet plan completely. I'm so discouraged, especially since I exercise (cardio and weight lifting) 6 days a week. I'm even considering getting my blood tested for possible thyroid issues. It doesn't help matters when I see videos of people who have been on Advocare, and have lost like 16 lbs in the first 10 days. I'm utterly confused. I've even started to change up my workout regimen with adding swimming laps to my zumba classes, treadmill, elliptical, and weight lifting. Does anyone have any tips? :(

Quick fixes, fad diets....all a waste of money!!! 10 days and you expected some miracle results?!?!? Eat healthy and in a calorie deficit and you will get results.
  • Kristi062168
    Options
    Advocare is not a quick fix fade diet and for sure not a waste of money. In fact, it is not aot a diet at all. It is healthy good nutritional supplements that willservings of help you be successful at meeting your weightloss goals. However, you must still eat. You must eat 4-5 servings of fruits and 4-5 vegetables each day You must eat 1-2 servings of healthy grains each day. Also, you need to be drinking 86-96 ounces of water.

I have lost 56 pounds since February 21st using these products and eating the way I describe above. I eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks each day. I haven't felt this good since I was in my 20's. I am working out and walking. Never before did I have the energy or desire to do any type of exercise. I started with the 24-day challenge. I am living proof that it does work.

Brenna, if you can,view my log and see what I have eaten. It will help you see what you need to do. see what I have been eating maybe it will give you some ideas regarding foods and help you.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Advocare is not a quick fix fade diet and for sure not a waste of money. In fact, it is not aot a diet at all. It is healthy good nutritional supplements that willservings of help you be successful at meeting your weightloss goals. However, you must still eat. You must eat 4-5 servings of fruits and 4-5 vegetables each day You must eat 1-2 servings of healthy grains each day. Also, you need to be drinking 86-96 ounces of water.

I have lost 56 pounds since February 21st using these products and eating the way I describe above. I eat 3 meals and 2-3 snacks each day. I haven't felt this good since I was in my 20's. I am working out and walking. Never before did I have the energy or desire to do any type of exercise. I started with the 24-day challenge. I am living proof that it does work.

Brenna, if you can,view my log and see what I have eaten. It will help you see what you need to do. see what I have been eating maybe it will give you some ideas regarding foods and help you.

Now tell me how it's the advocare and not the calorie deficit that's helping you.

EDIT: Congrats on your progress either way though, you're doing great. But I still challenge that it's not the advocare that's causing your success.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Advocare is a MLM scheme - it's designed to make the man on the top of the pyramid rich.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options

Now tell me how it's the advocare and not the calorie deficit that's helping you.

EDIT: Congrats on your progress either way though, you're doing great. But I still challenge that it's not the advocare that's causing your success.

Her profile clearly states that she's an "independent distributor" of advocare. Hardly an unbiased opinion.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Her profile clearly states that she's an "independent distributor" of advocare. Hardly an unbiased opinion.

And post count : 1
    Seems legit.

lulz
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options

And post count : 1
    Seems legit.

lulz
    It's amazing how many of the Advocare/Beachbody/Body by Vi reps use these forums as a place to try to solicit customers for their MLM schemes.

I actually sent an e-mail to Beachbody (the company) suggesting they should educate their "coaches" to not be such spammers on forums. I think they have decent products in their P90X, Insanity, etc. workout videos (not that I use them), but all the spam crap from their distributors/"coaches" makes me not want to ever buy any of their products simply because I hate spamming and advertising being stuck in my face.
  • NativTxn68
    Options

Actually, many Distributors became Distributors because they loved the products and wanted to share them and to get a discount on their own products. Anyone that tries any product and loves it will or who tries a product and doesn't love it will have a "biased" opinion based on their experiences. Don't discount someone's statement simply because they are a Distributor (and this goes for all products).