Any good podcasts for Speedwork? Like C25K?

Options
Hi! I'm training for another half marathon, and always 'mean" to get to a track and get some speedwork in, but I'm a bit of a plodder and tend to run my same-old routes at my same old pace instead, and my pace improves then slows depending on how much I am running, but always ends up about the same.

I have a goal I would like to hit, and I'm not very good about working sprints/pace changes into my regular workouts, and I was wondering if anyone knows of a "speedwork for dummies" kind of podcast - something that tells me to speed up, slow down, etc.?

I know I SHOULD be able to do it on my own easily, I just tend to go back to my old rut.

I have in the past counted the "Zombies! Run!" app as sort of that - figuring that the times when zombies come after me add a few sprints in, but I sort of lost interest in that....

Replies

• joyzy
    joyzy Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I've used the endomondo app to track my runs for months now. They have an interval option (I believe its just on the paid version). It's awesome, you can set up your intervals by time or distance, in whatever increments you want, and the app lowers your music to tell you when to speed up or slow down.
  • fbuschur
    fbuschur Posts: 57
    Options
    Really? That's tempting. I usually use the Nike+ app, and have only used Endomondo (I only have the free version) to log my biking. I have a silly sense of loyalty to Nike because I have been logging there for so long, but maybe it is time to make a change.
  • morandanny
    morandanny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    At the NHS website, they recently release C25K+ podcasts. Some of these focus on improving speed.
  • morandanny
    morandanny Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I found the link to the new podcasts:

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/c25k/Pages/running-podcast.aspx