Going out to eat

Options
I'm going to be in Palm Springs this weekend and anticipate going to several different boutique type restaurants where I know they will not have nutritional information available.

How can I possible enter a calorie count for meals at these type of restaurants? Any help?

Replies

• dollface_x3
    Options
    I'm pretty certain they may have the nutritional information available. I don't know about where you live, but here it's the law for restaurants to provide that information.
  • Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Ballpark will have to do. Just see if there's a menu online so you can do some research in advance, skip the bread basket, eat half and get the rest to go, watch the pasta/sauces/alcohol/etc. and enjoy yourself too!
  • MissLinzi
    MissLinzi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I've found that if you ask for the manager, they can usually help you out!
  • MissLinzi
    MissLinzi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Or, just do what I do: Skip breads, pick a grilled chicken or salmon, add some veggies, a nice salad or baked potato, and ask for all dressings or sauces on the side!
  • olivianjohnsmom
    olivianjohnsmom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Ugh!! yep!! I know the type of place you are talking about. Everything should be "made to order" so, you can ask for a grilled fish, chicken breast or filet. No oil, no sauce. Ask for your vegtables to be sauteed in a little bit of olive oil. Don't eat the starch unless you can figure out what is in it....like a baked potato or rice, no oil or butter. Tell them that you have "dietary restrictions" before you even order. Mosts chefs are happy to comply. If you keep it simple it should be easy to track. Enjoy your weekend!
  • RabbitLuvr37
    RabbitLuvr37 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When I eat out and don't have the exact nutritional information available (it's not required here, and places are afraid to post it), I will guestimate. I eat at more locally-owned places, so so I can't look most of that stuff up online, it's just not available.
    It is rare for me not to be able to find something similar in the database that I can record. It might be off by a few points here or there, but I don't think it's hurting me too much.