more calories then i can eat

Options
i have 900 calories to eat tonight add i am not hungry. any ideas take a look at my food for the day on my profile, let me know what you think.

Replies

• MercuryBlue
    MercuryBlue Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Have a nice, tall glass of milk...
  • dballard
    Options
    i would just have a snack to get to at least 1200 calories and call it good... they say you need to eat at least 1200 a day
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    You could have some dessert tonight, or a glass of wine with your dinner. Or if there is a food you normally don't eat because the calories are too high, tonight might be a good night to have some.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Your eating very healthy foods, but I would have added some protein to your lunch. Adding some chicken breast and some brown rice to lunch would have been good. Also maybe some more dairy (calcium is important) even a glass of skim milk to a meal would help. Are you going to have dinner?
  • tzvishear
    Options
    if you are going to exercise like that everyday you should eat more throughout the day. try to add some protien to your meals, ie. chicken or fish. fruit and veggies are great but should not be the main part of your diet. if you dont eat enough your body will go into starvation mode and you will not lose weight. healthy eating is the way to do it.
  • danielleleee
    Options
    PSHH TO ME THE LESS CALORIES I CAN EAT THE BETTER. I THINK AS LONG AS YOU ARE EATING THROUGHOUT THE DAY YOU ARE FINE. I DONT THINK A CALORIE NUMBER MATTERS. THATS JUST ME... I EAT UNDER 1000 A DAY.
  • rmccully
    rmccully Posts: 319
    Options
    thanks everyone for the comments keep them coming

to help out here i dont eat meat
    i am not hungry right now
    should i be eating even though i am not hungry at all
  • jennanassy
    Options
    You definately need to eat more for lunch. Is this a recurring problem for you? If so, you need to be consuming fuller fat dairy and maybe some egg yolks instead of eggs. Maybe make yourself a protein shake...full of good calories and it won't feel like you are eating. Milk, banana, peanut butter, ice...maybe some whey protein powder if you have it. And since it is in liquid form...it will be digested faster (especially since it is night already) than solids. You have to be careful you eat ENOUGH calories. On the Biggest Loser they are always preaching that you HAVE TO consume the calories or your body will hold all your fat back.
  • jennanassy
    Options
    I just noticed you are a vegetarian...use soy milk!!!!! Lots of protein goodness!!!!
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options
    Officially eating less than 800 per day is classed as anorexia. So be careful boys and guys. Sometimes we're so busy trying to get the low cal low fat option, we fail to eat enough! And your body will go into starvation mode. and the last thing you want your body to do is store all the fat it can and eat all the muscle!

But i totally sympathise rmccully! i had to have a slice of pannetoni and a bowl of ceral with jam on to eek close to my total today. totally misjudged the meals! again!
  • fitinyoga14
    fitinyoga14 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    PSHH TO ME THE LESS CALORIES I CAN EAT THE BETTER. I THINK AS LONG AS YOU ARE EATING THROUGHOUT THE DAY YOU ARE FINE. I DONT THINK A CALORIE NUMBER MATTERS. THATS JUST ME... I EAT UNDER 1000 A DAY.

A calorie number certainly does matter. you are starving yourself with under 1000 a day. your body is not going to lose any fat this way. your body will simply hold on to every little thing you eat in attemp to stay alive. there are plenty of posts that expalin this more in depth. i suggest you check those out.
  • danielleleee
    Options
    IVE DIETED MANY TIMES THIS WAY AND I'VE ALWAYS LOST WEIGHT... SO... YEAH.
  • Eliaheart
    Eliaheart Posts: 73 Member
    Options

A calorie number certainly does matter. you are starving yourself with under 1000 a day. your body is not going to lose any fat this way. your body will simply hold on to every little thing you eat in attemp to stay alive. there are plenty of posts that expalin this more in depth. i suggest you check those out.

I agree with Gymnast 100%.

Original poster - I agree that adding protein will be beneficial, especially with all your working out. :)
  • missykaye1975
    Options
    You definately need to eat more for lunch. Is this a recurring problem for you? If so, you need to be consuming fuller fat dairy and maybe some egg yolks instead of eggs. Maybe make yourself a protein shake...full of good calories and it won't feel like you are eating. Milk, banana, peanut butter, ice...maybe some whey protein powder if you have it. And since it is in liquid form...it will be digested faster (especially since it is night already) than solids. You have to be careful you eat ENOUGH calories. On the Biggest Loser they are always preaching that you HAVE TO consume the calories or your body will hold all your fat back.

Protein shakes are a good idea! I make mine with vanilla protein powder, milk, plain fat free yogurt, banana, and apricots (since we have a bunch in our freezer from our own tree :tongue: ). You could also add or substitute any kind of berry - blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, etc., or use pineapple, oranges, pears, etc. I also love the chocolate protein powder with banana and pb. They are SO good, and your body needs protein to hang onto any sort of muscle, which IS your metabolism. If you lose your muscle by dieting it away, you lose your ability to burn calories! :wink:
  • evilras
    evilras Posts: 42
    Options

Have you ever thought of letting go of the caps button? i had to check your profile to make sure you were over 18! :)

You will always lose weight starving yourself. there's no dispute on that. Its basic maths. you're eating 1000 and your body is automatically burning 1400+. But when your body doesnt have enough energy, it will burn through everything it can. which includes the muscles around your heart. hence the reason there are lower calorie limits. and i think that is 1200.
  • missykaye1975
    Options

You are so young, and dieting this way just messes up your metabolism and ultimately your health. If you aren't healthy, there will be no reason to be "skinny" because you won't be able to enjoy it. Take care of yourself....don't destroy yourself for an obscure number on the scale or a pant size.. :flowerforyou:
  • rmccully
    Options
    i do drink protein shakes i try for two a day. i deffinately have two a day on workout days.

i eat eggs. can you over do it with the protien?
  • rmccully
    Options
    bump
  • missykaye1975
    Options
    i do drink protein shakes i try for two a day. i deffinately have two a day on workout days.

i eat eggs. can you over do it with the protien?

Well....I can only tell you what I do personally, since I am not a nutritionist and I do not know what your fitness goals/exercise routines are. I weight train 6 days a week, plus cardio, so I eat 1 gram of protein a day per my goal body weight (130 grams). I also drink a gallon of water a day, eat 5 to 6 smaller meals a day, etc. I set my own macro ratios to ensure that I get enough protein, or I will not be able to re-fuel and rebuild my muscles efficiently after a workout. If I allow myself to go over on anything, it is protein--I'd rather have a little too much than not enough. I hope that helps a little....:wink: