Need immediate assistance, PLEASE!

Options
HELP! I planned out on MFP what I was going to eat for dinner tonight, but I have a last minute matter to tend to(taking my daughter to the clinic for a physical as a WALK IN) and I don't know how long I'll be there for. Then I have to get groceries before coming home cuz I have no more healthy food left (fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc)!

I don't want to eat dinner late, so what options do I have? Without dinner I won't have eaten enough calories for the day. I currently need about 430-630 for dinner.

Replies

• LeslieC1970
    Options
    Are you able to grab a fresh sandwich before you pick up your daughter? That could work.
  • McLifterPants
    McLifterPants Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    There are many semi-healthy options available at restaurants that you could pick up and take to go. Just check nutritional info online beforehand; most chain restaurants provide this on their websites these days!
  • stxfuneral
    Options
    There are many semi-healthy options available at restaurants that you could pick up and take to go. Just check nutritional info online beforehand; most chain restaurants provide this on their websites these days!

This is what I do. I think about what is in the area and once I have decided which restaurant I will visit, I look at their website and go through their menu. From there I make my decision based on how many calories I have left to consume for the day. It sounds like a lot of work, but it is worth it in the long run. On the plus side, at least you know what you should get the next time you are out and about and need to stop and pick up something along the way.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    I don't want to eat dinner late, so what options do I have?

Just curious, why do you not like eating late dinners?
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    HELP! I planned out on MFP what I was going to eat for dinner tonight, but I have a last minute matter to tend to(taking my daughter to the clinic for a physical as a WALK IN) and I don't know how long I'll be there for. Then I have to get groceries before coming home cuz I have no more healthy food left (fruits, veggies, lean meats, etc)!

I don't want to eat dinner late, so what options do I have? Without dinner I won't have eaten enough calories for the day. I currently need about 430-630 for dinner.

I would either pick something up--Subway has a number of options for the calories you have left. Or I would eat dinner late. Is there any reason you can't eat late--other than it leaving you really hungry until you can eat?
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    reason for not eating late:

1. Yes, I will be really hungry by the time I get home to eat, and that will either force me to overeat or it may be so late I just won't eat.
    2. I want to be able to do my workout and I always eat one hour prior to working out. so eating late won't give me time to work out and I don't want to lay down to sleep right after eating :/
  • The_New_Christina
    The_New_Christina Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    Taking the subway idea. I'll get one for my daughter as well :)