Help with Parents!!

MaddiJoseph
MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
Ok, so I know I'm heavy and I've been heavy for years. One of my biggest issues though is with my mother. When I was 135 pounds in high school she worried that I was heavy. When she saw me in October I was full term with my son. When I got pregnant with him I was 208 and at the top of the pregnancy when my mom saw me she couldn't believe how big I was. Hello? so I saw her again when my son was 7 months. At that time I was down to 221. Her biggest comment on my weight was that it looked like i'd lost most of it in my chest. Yeah, I breast fed for the first 6 weeks, I probably did lose most of it in my chest.

Since then I've really cracked down on my weight loss. Today I'm at 187 and have lost darn near 45 pounds since my son was born. My mom was really proud and showing off a really great pic I had. Then she saw a pic with my hair curly and asked if I'd gained some weight back.

People, I don't know what else to do about this but stop talking to her and I really hate the thought of that because I love her and she doesn't mean to be aweful, but how do I handle that! I've worked really hard to get down and I still have 50 lbs to go. I want her to be proud and happy but she doesn't seem to see how far I've come. She actually said that if curly hair made my face look rounder that I shouldn't curl it anymore. Curls= 15 minutes straight= 45. I just don't know what to do. Any advice?

Replies

• jenlarz
    jenlarz Posts: 813 Member
    Have an honest conversation about it with her. Tell her how it feels when she says things like that to you.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,010 Member
    ^ This. If she keeps it up Start asking her about new wrinkles and her stress level........tell her how worried you are about her health and how old she is looking....Every time you see her fixate on some new wrinkles.
  • alliesteeley
    alliesteeley Posts: 4 Member
    Yep, what she said!! ^^^
  • alliesteeley
    alliesteeley Posts: 4 Member
    And what that person said too for sure!!! lol
  • MaddiJoseph
    MaddiJoseph Posts: 117 Member
    lol! I'll have to keep that it mind. What's really bad is the next time she sees me will be for my sister's wedding where I will unfortunately be the heaviest girl in the wedding party even if I do reach my goal of 135. my sister and her friends are all skinny minnies, not that my sister cares, but my mom will fixate and drive me crazy for 2 weeks!