New to this:)

Options
HI!! Just joined a few days ago, and so far so good, but I'm afraid once the novelty wears off I will go right back to stuffing my face without support. My husband is doing his best to be supportive but he's one of those tall, lanky guys with a physical job and he just doesn't truly get where I'm coming from:) Looking for friends to share motivation and the occasional whine fest with!! Good luck to all and feel free to add me please.

Replies

• InezRny
    InezRny Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Ok, so the real test to joining this website is your dedication to yourself and your goal to losing weight. If your dedication is set you should be logging on daily with no problem. I think we all struggle regardless and when I first joined I would miss a day and then lose track.. I am also fairly new and this website is really helpful, especially including all of the people I have on my list, they are really supportive. Feel free to request me if you would like, but once you stop using this site, everyone will know when you have not logged on and chances are you will get deleted, Good Luck!
  • lizk710
    lizk710 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I joined 3 weeks ago and actually started using it two weeks ago. I was afraid of the same thing too, as it takes a lot to keep my focus! But trust me, it does not wear off! It's so great to see so many people achieving goals, seeing others' diaries and comparing your own, getting messages congratulating you on your own successes, seeing your body change and know that MFP and all it's members have helped you get there either by reading their posts on the forums, or status updates. And... when you feel like you are getting lazy, there will always be someone there to get you off your butt!

I have sent you a friend request.