Apples

Options
As I sit here eating a delicious apple, I was wondering what types of apples everyone likes. Personally I love apples and eat 1-2 a day!

Replies

• AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    Love them, and I'm so ready for fall and fresh apples! Fujis are always a favorite, as well as galas & honeycrisps.
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My favorites are Gala, Fuji and Golden Delicious.
  • taylor5877
    taylor5877 Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Macintosh and Gala's are my favorite.

I don't like any green varieties.
  • iconnor
    iconnor Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    honey crisps! just bought a bunch from Whole Foods!
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Me! I have a least one a day. I prefer kinda tangy ones; braeburns or pink ladies!
  • RawVeganFlirt
    RawVeganFlirt Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    macintosh :)
  • christykirby
    christykirby Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith all the way!! Love the tartness... ;)
  • heliumheels
    heliumheels Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Granny Smith all the way!! Love the tartness... ;)

Agreed. Granny Smith win my vote.
  • sweet_basil
    Options
    Gala, Fuji, and Granny Smith are my favorites.

Granny Smith is a really great one to juice, it brings out such a strong apple flavor (I like it mixed with cucumber juice and a tiny bit of lemon).
  • kd_mazur
    kd_mazur Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love apples and eat one almost every day. Red or green doens't matter but I have recently discovered the Pink Lady apple...amazing:)
  • jbootman
    jbootman Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    when I started to eat healthier I chose apples, from costco and counted 1 apple, then I got a digital scale and my 1 apple was the equal to 2 apples, so my one or two apples per day, I am a volume eater, was really a 2-4 apples, still it was healthy but my calorie count was off, not so very bad, but I started weighing everything after that and now my scale is reeducating my brain as to just what a portion is,

now my favorites are raspberries, most fiber least calories, blue berries, lots of antioxidents, but berry season is coming to a close and I will return to the wonderful crunch of a fresh apple, any kind, as long as it is hard,

so word to the wise, try to weigh your apples to keep your calories under control
  • anunley1
    anunley1 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Galas!! Had one today... I LOVE APPLES!
  • deb3129
    deb3129 Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Gala, Honeycrisp and Pink Ladys!! Yummy!
  • jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    Options
    Pink Lady's, Golden Delicious and Gala....:drinker:
  • amonroe1343
    amonroe1343 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Pink Lady and Honecrisp are my favorite :) I used to be a red delicious fan till I discovered these. YUM!!!!