Soda is bad for me, but I'm not allowed Alcohol at work

Options
weeblex
weeblex Posts: 412 Member
I wasn't having much success losing weight till I finally bit the bullet and cut out the soda and now the weight is coming off.

Since the weather has been so nice I have taken to drinking Smirnoff Ice and the Raspberry Burst ones. Despite being sugary, fizzy and alcoholic this isn't seeming to hinder my weight loss.

So how can I persuade my office to allow me to drink on the job so I can get my "soda" fix first thing in the morning? :bigsmile:

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Put it in a dixie cup
  • yo_andi
    yo_andi Posts: 2,178 Member
    Options
    Put it in a dixie cup

Red solo cup! Red solo cup! I fill you up...
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Put it in a dixie cup

^this. She knows what's up
  • rhonniema
    rhonniema Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    Pour it in a soda bottle!
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I would not advocate this..... But brightly colored drinks could pass in a Jones soda bottle. :devil:
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I have been guilty of drinking margaritas out of my travel coffee mug while at work. I'm not ashamed, it was worth it :drinker:
  • sweet_basil
    Options
    Hehehe.

Now "Red Solo Cup" is going to be stuck in my head for the rest of the day.

I had a manager who had a styrofoam cup from sonic and would fill it with vodka and sprite. Essentially the same process, I suppose.
  • GretchenReine
    GretchenReine Posts: 1,427 Member
    Options
    Water bottle...bigger is better!
  • superrjo
    superrjo Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    ... why dont you just drink diet fizzy drinks? not saying they're good for you but calorie wise they'd sort you out. although, i do advocate drinking on the job ;)
  • erikarain3
    Options
    A Health-nuts suggestion, get a cirtus juicer(or get fansy and get a real juicer) and do 1part juice to 2-3 parts mineral water, you get the sweet fizz plus bonues, and you can always add a shot or two ;)
  • crystalflame
    crystalflame Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Thermos. Can't see through it, keeps it cold, everyone thinks it's coffee!! (One of my high school teachers may have done this. Every day.)
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I once saw a guy who kept a bottle of Scope on his desk. And he wasn't replacing the Scope with anything. He just drank Scope all day. I guess it's not like your work can prohibit you from having clean breath at work.
  • amberlykay1014
    amberlykay1014 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Put it in a HydroFlask! Keeps cold for 24 hours or hot for 12! :)
  • pacagirl
    Options
    Put it in a dixie cup

Totally!
  • sionnain
    sionnain Posts: 96
    Options
    i just put white wine in a water bottle.
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Go for broke! Come wearing a beer can helmet and people would think you are being funny, doubt anyone would call your bluff :-p
  • paulaviki
    paulaviki Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    A Smirnoff ice has 230 calories in it, how is that better than having soda? :noway:
  • Celestialfairie
    Options
    Go for broke! Come wearing a beer can helmet and people would think you are being funny, doubt anyone would call your bluff :-p

<3
  • ohmyshysamantha
    ohmyshysamantha Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    water bottle, soda bottle, any non-alcoholic bottle.
  • xoMeaghan
    xoMeaghan Posts: 175
    Options

Got my vote!