realistic weight loss goal!!!

Options
So I am 5'6" 26% body fat but I weight 164 lbs! I would like to get down to 18% body fat, but with the math that would mean my goal should be 150 lbs... Isn't that too much??? I know I'll lose some muscle as I lose weight, but still... my original weight loss goal was 130 lbs... Oh also, I'm not quite a size 8 pants- but I wear a belt with a size 9 because they are a little big... Just wanted to know if anyone else can relate and if the math actually works. Or if through your journey your goals changed and you were able to weigh less than realistic "calculations."

Replies

• Saezimmerman
    Saezimmerman Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I know that BMI is not a perfect metric, but in your case I think it applies. Your current BMI of 26.4 is outside of the "healthy" range. Losing 14lbs would put you at a BMI of 24.2 which is within the range of healthy for your height.
    In your situations, I would target 150lbs and then see, at that time, if I wanted to go further.

I hope this helps!
  • kolias14
    kolias14 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    okay thank you. It's just depressing that my healthy weight is most likely going to be 150 lbs... But yes I think just getting to 150 lbs will be quite an accomplishment for me... So I'll go with that first... And just see... But I am still wondering if calculating your goal weight based on body fat is accurate... Cuz it seems like the typical weight chart is really inaccurate especially for those who workout or are athletes, just not sure what to base my goal weight off of...