Female runner with neutral gate - SHOES?

Options
Hey! I'm a female runner. About 40 pounds overweight. I currently run 3 miles every other day. I have a neutral gate. Any recommendations on running shoes? Thanks!

Replies

• Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    I love my vibrams! I have both kso's and bikala's, and switch between the two, although I am natural a midfoot stricker, have been since I learnt to walk and run, so the transition to them from a more cushioned shoe was pure bliss. In the past, I did have a lot of luck in Saucony's though.

Your best bet is to head to a running store for the best selection, and find what works best for your foot.
  • bigfatmommy4
    Options
    I had the same problem with the shoe issue. I am currently wearing good ol champion runners from Payless! I had $250 sauconys and Im not going to that I love my champions wayyyy better and they only cost me $15 with all the discounts and stuff. Oh yeah I have extremely wide feet and they work well for me!
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    I agree about going to a running store and trying on different shoes since everyone's feet are different.

I'm also a neutral and I have Nike Air Pegasus+ 29 and I absolutely LOVE them! They are super comfortable and I haven't had any knee problems since switching to these shoes, even when running almost everyday.

Here's a link to what they look like:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Womens-Nike-Air-Pegasus-29-Wolf-Grey-White-Blue-Glow-524981-014-/130747986039?pt=US_Women_s_Shoes&var=&hash=item1e712ff077#ht_2266wt_1271