Suport at work

Options
Jennplus2
Jennplus2 Posts: 984 Member
Today we had our weekly staff meeting. Chips, cookies, crap, crap, crap! Soooooo my friend at work asked me if I was on a diet last week and I told her no I was just trying to eat healthy and move more. So when I walked into the meeting she waved me down and asked me to sit by her. I told her I did want to sit by her but I wanted to sit by the window because she was by the food and I didn't want to eat anything like that. We sat together by the window and didn't even look at the food!
Later today she pulled me aside and told me that she is eating better because of the change she has seen me go through! She said that if I had not told her not to sit by the food she knows that she would have of had some and she thanked ME for being a good support for her at work. :noway:

I was floored! I couldn't even get over the fact that I had made her want to change! I told her that we can make this trip together and I feel so close to her right now. Even though I have know her for years, the walls we all put up kept us from helping each other in the past. I am so glad to have found each other and just wanted to share. :happy:

Replies

• Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    That's so cool!
    Enjoy your new confidant!
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • kristinlough
    kristinlough Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    Fabulous! Congrats and have fun with your work support :drinker:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    That's great.

IT Director lost 100 lbs three years ago, and has kept it off. He's been a good person to talk to about working out eating right. In fact he just gave me his Insanity DVD's. Everyday we talk about something related our cause. That's the positive.

However, I have a "that" woman in my office. I know from over-hearing her phone conversations that she is on BP medicine. She is over-weight, but I don't know any specifics news. What I do know is she washes said BP Medicine down with McDonald's and a Coke every morning. She likes to offer her weight loss knowledge to other people in the office. Before Christmas she actually yelled at me because I declined a peice of cake. "Oh it's not going to make that much diffference." I know deep down she probably needs some help, but damn I can't stand to be around her anymore than is required.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!!! I hope you can keep this relationship blooming. :smile:
  • casey34472
    casey34472 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • Ktbell626
    Ktbell626 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Its amazing once you start this journey who you start to inspire. My room mate and I have bonded over this healthy lifestyle change. For that I am so thankful, I have two other room mates who do not support us at all. We talk about everything to do with losing weight.
  • waguchan
    waguchan Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Before Christmas she actually yelled at me because I declined a peice of cake. "Oh it's not going to make that much diffference."

People who act like that only want someone to eat with them so they feel less guilty about eating all that crap.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    Before Christmas she actually yelled at me because I declined a peice of cake. "Oh it's not going to make that much diffference."

People who act like that only want someone to eat with them so they feel less guilty about eating all that crap.

Like I said, deep down I know she needs some help. But I'm not that person.
  • Jenbabe402
    Options
    That's great.

IT Director lost 100 lbs three years ago, and has kept it off. He's been a good person to talk to about working out eating right. In fact he just gave me his Insanity DVD's. Everyday we talk about something related our cause. That's the positive.

However, I have a "that" woman in my office. I know from over-hearing her phone conversations that she is on BP medicine. She is over-weight, but I don't know any specifics news. What I do know is she washes said BP Medicine down with McDonald's and a Coke every morning. She likes to offer her weight loss knowledge to other people in the office. Before Christmas she actually yelled at me because I declined a peice of cake. "Oh it's not going to make that much diffference." I know deep down she probably needs some help, but damn I can't stand to be around her anymore than is required.

Haha, I have one of those at my work. If she even hears you're on a diet or trying to eat better, she seems to have a grudge on you and says things like "You don't even need to eat healthy," or "Just eat one! It's not going to do anything." It drives me insane, especially since we also have tons of junk food around the work place all of the time (the majority of people at my work are over weight) and meetings revolve around delivery pizza, all meat toppings and non-diet soda. It would be so nice just to have one person at work who is into eating healthy and doesn't hold a grudge against you for trying to be better to yourself.
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    That's great.

This is a hard one. My MIL is like this also! I tell her that the choice I make is my choice, and I would rather not have the cake so I can make other choices... that look better than the cake she made! :devil: I did say that last part when she left the room though, lol.
  • mia66
    mia66 Posts: 425
    Options
    I had a chip buddy at work last year, great friend, we both have the potatoe chip addiction. Anyways she offered me chips early Jan and I explained how I was eating healthy. Today she packed me an orange in her snack bag, she loves to feed everyone. This was so nice of her. I so appreciate work friends. Thanks K.
    Another friend at work joined MFP today after I sent her the web page. yeah.
    Mia
    EAT LESS MOVE MORE:flowerforyou: :drinker:
    368038.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Jennplus2
    Options
    I found out that I need to stay out of the lunch room. Every time I go into it bad things come out of the fridge and jump into my mouth! :tongue:

This week I tried not going in and lost 5 lbs in one week! :bigsmile:

I think I should end by saying....

My name is Jennifer, and I am a foodaholic! Now on to the other steps :laugh:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!