Help me!!

Options
Hi all,
Im not new to fitness but I am new to watching what I eat and putting on weight. I have always been able to eat what I want and burn it off through running and having an active job. Now it would seem as I am getting older and my body is doing what is natural - slowing down, I am finding it harder to burn the calories. I am working out twice a day, reduced the calories I eat and read/educate myself on different ideas. My line of work is health and fitness so I know all the basics but I am stumped as to why i would be putting on weight still instead of maintaining if not losing a little.

Any ideas??

Replies

• Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    ewe are either eating two much or moving to little. Aye wood tri to move more and eat less. Also. When ewe say you are working out are you doing lifting or cardio? What are your workouts like?
  • linz1125
    linz1125 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    Do you think you could have a hormonal imbalance or a thyroid problem?
  • Derfmen64
    Derfmen64 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You mention running, active job, and working out twice a day, but you don't mention anything about weight training. Many people think if I just don't eat a lot and burn calories doing cardio all day then I'll be fit. But there is more to it than that and muscle tone is a big thing. Reduce your cardio and start adding some weight training. You won't get big, I promise and you'll probably find that clothes will fit you better and you fill out in all the right spots.
  • jennj81
    jennj81 Posts: 5
    Options
    Thanks guys. I do weight train too. I use kettle bells and lift using the barbell and free weights. I take part in different classes such as intense warrior and intsanity classes and I have cut down on refined sugar and don't have milk or bread. My cardio mainly consists of running, swimming and mouontain biking. I am a toned and fit individual but seem to be getting 'thicker' around my middle :-(
  • Dan410
    Dan410 Posts: 2
    Options
    my problem was that i was not eating enough and put my body into starvation mode