Coffee Detox...help!

Coffee has gone from a staple and yummy treat for me, to a staple and disgusting habit. I no longer like the taste but find myself craving it. I have gone today without coffee and am now suffering a horrible headache.

I drink plenty of water and have drank peppermint tea in it's place but not even 2 Advils have helped. Is this something I just need to wait out or is there another option??

Replies

• jdholland5508
    jdholland5508 Posts: 162 Member
    Is there a reason that you need to remove coffee from your diet?
  • akaBean7
    akaBean7 Posts: 4 Member
    For some reason, the taste has started to really repulse me (maybe it's the unpleasant Keurigs I usually go for in the work kitchen). I just didn't expect to feel sick from not drinking it.
  • dayone987
    dayone987 Posts: 645 Member
    It's the caffeine withdrawal specifically that's causing the symptoms. Try tea, colas, etc. Or switch brands of coffee.
  • urglewurgle
    urglewurgle Posts: 224 Member
    Or just power through Hun...
  • utenlok
    utenlok Posts: 2
    Either a 2 week headache to wait through, or stop drinking nasty coffee and get some good stuff.

Another possibility is caffeine pills at Walmart. Treat em like nicotine patches. Take those to break the habit of drinking. After a couple weeks, start steppin down on the pills. Go slowly though so you don't relapse.