Changing your lifestyle

Options
Hi everyone im new to this sight i joined it because i want support through this journey
and watching other people make amazing changes not only to their health
But when your healthy it changes your body.
I have Started eating only healthy foods but i have a cheat day every know and than
Some days it gets hard to say im going to eat this instead of this because
the foods we crave are not the best for us and you cant lose weight on it
because if you eat it and than you work it off you still are going to have it back in your body
creating the same thing like spiking your insulin and making you feel like your so hungry.
but anyway please give me advice on what your doing and
how to cutt away some of these cravings.

Replies

• simonlcube
    simonlcube Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I find the cravings get less strong over time. I am trying to have a little bit of the things that trigger these cravings, rather than cutting them out completely, but other people try and eliminate them altogether.
  • ricky_j_b
    ricky_j_b Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    cravings will go away,give it time and be strong.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Time will eliminate those strong cravings. I have been at this since February of this year and at first i was eating the same stuff as always, just less of it. Now i realize i have basically and unbeknownst to myself made a lifestyle change. I look at my daily logs and i have cut away a 99% of the processed food i used to eat. I now have very little cravings for junk food, and i often stop at the roadside fruit and veggie stands when i am on the road and looking for a snack. I would rather eat watermelon and grapes than twinkies and chips, and that is a far cry from where i used to be. Stay with it and be strong, i know you can!
  • VirtuousVal
    VirtuousVal Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone im new to this sight i joined it because i want support through this journey
    and watching other people make amazing changes not only to their health
    But when your healthy it changes your body.
    I have Started eating only healthy foods but i have a cheat day every know and than
    Some days it gets hard to say im going to eat this instead of this because
    the foods we crave are not the best for us and you cant lose weight on it
    because if you eat it and than you work it off you still are going to have it back in your body
    creating the same thing like spiking your insulin and making you feel like your so hungry.
    but anyway please give me advice on what your doing and
    how to cutt away some of these cravings.

You will find that once you start to eat healthy balanced Foods/meals. Your body will not give you the Food cravings that you desire.

My Internal Medicine Dr. explained it was not a quick fix but as to weight loss. He explained it is a permanent “LifeStyle” change. I still needed to exercise and eat healthy meals and drink lots of water. He suggested that I will consume around 1200 calories per day since I am considered in an "Extreme Weight Loss" phase. He said he will increase my daily caloric intake after I have made some weight loss progress. He also suggested to me to eat my first meal starting 30 minutes after I wake in the morning and eat small portion meals every 2-3 hours throughout the rest of the day up until 2 hrs before my bedtime.
    He explained that eating small portion meals throughout the day will help me boost my metabolism and keep it at its optimum.
    It will keep your metabolism at the optimum functioning capacity to burn fat and lose weight by ensuring I have a constant flow of blood sugar.

He said it is not good to skip ANY meals. When you go 3-4 hours without eating, your body starts to slow down your metabolism and your body will go into a little bit of a starvation mode. Then your metabolism will not function to its fullest caloric burning capacity. When you go 3-4 hours without eating, your body starts to go into a little bit of a starvation mode and then what do you crave when you're really hungry? Sugary, salty, fatty foods. At least I used to. I first thought I would allow myself a once a week cheat. I have not had any cravings to want to cheat. If I do, it is something low in calorie like a little pack of 100 calorie bits of a healthy snack like apple and peanut butter or a low 100 calorie Skinny Cow Ice cream Sandwich, Keebler 100 calorie snack, Quaker Rice cakes- Caramel Corn flavor,
  • jojorocksforeva
    jojorocksforeva Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for all the advice it means so much!