SENSA -has anyone tried this product?

Options
13»

Replies

• jehuster
    jehuster Posts: 168
    Options
    You're going to get a lot of rude comments with this, so I'll put it very nicely. Please don't waste your money or time with it. I haven't personally tried it, but I have enough common sense to not sprinkle even more chemicals on my chemically-laden food. If you want to try a diet pill or appetite suppressant, go for something natural. I have no problem with trying green tea supplements or ground cayenne pepper for metabolism health because it would be the same thing as having had spicy food for the day or a few cups of tea before bed. I didn't see any major changes with them, but felt better physically -- probably due to a placebo effect, but hey! That counts too sometimes. If you're going to spend money on something, it should be at least safe.

I agree...I use cayenne pepper on alot of my food and I am not a person who enjoys spicey food but it's not to bad. I also drink alot of Green Tean and Oolong tea both are good for metabolism (no sugar added). :flowerforyou:
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    My opinion is that sensa is a placebo product. I have read the ingredients, its the same stuff thats in those silica packs that they put in food to pull moisture out

So basically it makes you drink more water cause it's sucking all of the moisture out of you?!
  • meeka472
    meeka472 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it was the biggest waste of money. It doesn't work. Log your food, reduce (weight and measure) your portions and exercise and you'll lose the weight. You'll also save yourself some wasted time and money...
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    I am kind of fond of snorting the raspberry keytones with the sensa - man what a rush!!

LMAO!!!!! :laugh:
  • hellokitty41489
    Options
    I've not tried it, nor do I intend to, but I work at a shipping store and I bet I ship back AT LEAST 4 or 5 boxes of Sensa a week (along with WEN hair care and Cyndi Crawfords beauty products). And as an above poster mentioned, MANY of these customers come back to our store looking for either their package or tracking number because the company claims to have not received the return. Once we track it and see that it has indeed been delivered magically their orders are almost always found (imagine that)! I would say it's nothing but a gimmick if you want real results the only way is hard work ;)
  • jessdunham31
    Options
    It's crap as are almost all weight loss purchases.
    Do you have a food scale? That would be a magnificent purchase.

Agree. I love my food scale, and I was pleasantly surprised at how closely I was estimating beforehand.

Don't let 'em get your hard-earned money hon! If you want to sprinkle something on your food, try chia seeds!!! My favorite new find. :flowerforyou:

Thanks for the find!
  • redlady82
    redlady82 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes, and it was a joke. I did not lose a single pound and I could taste the powedery substance. Save your money. :-)

I totally agree with this. Did nothing. They also say no taste but I know for sure on the sweet one I could taste almost a sour blue raspberry light taste. Not to mention I'd rather just do portion control and low cal and fat foods than sprinkle chemicals on my food. It's too awkward for a restaurant as well. Nobody wants to pull out Sensa and sprinkle their food with it. It's easier to order something healthy and have a box brought to pack up half of it etc. Really nothing beats good old intake vs output and working out.
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    My opinion is that sensa is a placebo product. I have read the ingredients, its the same stuff thats in those silica packs that they put in food to pull moisture out

So basically it makes you drink more water cause it's sucking all of the moisture out of you?!
    Yes, I think so, I think it basically just pulls water weight off of you. Just my opinion though, not saying its gospel
  • texastango
    texastango Posts: 309
    Options
    I am not new to the weight loss struggle and I know there is no magic product BUT is there anthing you have tried that helped? I have recently been reading a lot about SENSA ...has anyone tried this product?

Read this carefully before you embark on this. I am a neurologist and I'm not all that pleased about others in my field trying to make money off of scams. I personally haven't tried the product, but if you look at the ingredients...why would you?

Maltodextrin is one of the primary ingredients (a sugar polysaccharide) which is 3 to 20 times as sweet at sucrose (table sugar).

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110830104921AAFbhZV

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Hirsch_(neurologist)
  • heyjoehudson
    Options
    I know people might not like to hear this, but it really did work for me. I used it for a good month and a half. Started eating a lot less and did lose some weight. Nothing drastic though. I'm sure many will blame the placebo effect. I do know that I really wanted it to work. I just got tired of having that bulky shaker in my pocket and I eventually started forgetting it at the house. With that being said, I definitely wouldn't recommend it. It's too expensive for very little pay-off. If you have the will power to cut down on portions, good for you. But if you have the money to spare, and you need help cutting your portions down, you might want to try it.