Signed up for my first 5K!

Options
My husband and I signed up to do a 5K in November! My first. It is the color run! I'm so excited! Anyone done this particular "race" before? It look so fun :D

I've never run ever... I ran a mile a few times in high school because I HAD to haha I have been doing elliptical lately, but will have to get on the treadmil here soon lol

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I did a color run in July. It was a blast! Don't worry about going fast. It's a casual race and is not even timed. There were people of all sorts there. Athletes, toddlers, parents pushing strollers, people pushing wheelchairs, etc. Just enjoy youself! It's like a giant party after. I would suggest wearing sunglasses, though!
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Awesome! I am doing my first 5K in November as well. Good luck! I'm sure you have heard of it, but if not, it's worth bringing up the "c25K" training program. It's working great for me so far.
  • doobabe
    doobabe Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Im doing my first color run in Oct. :drinker:

Just a note- tredmill is GREAT.... but if you can get outside and run a few times prior to the "race"... that really helped me in the beginning. Good luck!!
  • WhitneyT586
    WhitneyT586 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Doing my 2nd in October. Keeping it casual with some friends, def won't run most of it. I wanted to do the color run, but it was fulll! Maybe next year. Have fun!!