Personal Recipe Question

Options
Hi All - I have been logging my food for the last week and have a question about adding your own recipe. When you add each ingredient do you add the single serving information or the total amount that is going in the recipe and let the calculator divide it up per serving? For instance if the recipe calls for 1 lb of ground beef (4 serviings total) do you input 1 serving of the ingredient or 4 servings? Thanks.

Replies

• Skych123
    Skych123 Posts: 96
    Options
    I usually find it easier to add how much is in the single serving - whatever works for you though - it should be about the same either way
  • sjc77
    sjc77 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi. You put in the total amount for the recipie and there is somewhere to put in how many servings it makes. Hope this helps
  • wlkumpf
    wlkumpf Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    total amount going in. Then enter how many servings. So, for lasagna i would enter 1 lb hamburger, 1 box noodles, 1.5 c cottage cheese, 8 oz shredded cheese etc... then add it in as 12 servings :)
  • krgritton
    krgritton Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks all!!! Your replies have been a big help. I love this feature for figuring nutrition information for home recipes.