working in a bakery....:(

Options
Okay so I work in a bakery and sometimes have to work 6-8 hour shifts....I need some suggestions on some quick, healthy, fullfilling snacks that I can bring to work and eat. I don't want to get so hungry at work that I grab the first chocolate flan that I see.

Replies

• Questfor250
    Options
    bags of apple slices - 30 calories with about 6 slices

cheese sticks 2% - 80 calories

Banana - 100 calories

Thats all I have experience with. Sorry I don't have more ideas.
  • rickysgirl325
    Options
    Thanks! It's better than sweets!
  • urzaartifacer
    Options
    A zip top baggie of your favorite cereal would be good. Or some granola. There's at least one good web page that lets you custom mix granola so you can get some good fiber in it.
  • gummibaehr
    Options
    Apples! They are my favorite when I'm craving something sweet. Pair it with some nut butter (peanut, almond, whatever you like) or a little cheese for a protein boost and it will keep you full longer.
  • ali258
    ali258 Posts: 403
    Options
    If you can use the fridge there you could keep some applesauce, jello or pudding cups in there for snack emergencies. You could also throw a luna bar or 100 calorie packs in your purse. Luna bars are higher in calories, but I think they're pretty filling.
  • Nicmc8
    Nicmc8 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The slimfast snack bars are 100cals... they are great! I think of them as my candy bar:) Also sugar free pudding snack cups are just 60 cals. Drink your water it will help keep you full. Can you chew gum at work?
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I love the Fiber One granola bars... they have 9 GRAMS of fiber in them so they fill you up! If you want to curb a sweet tooth the oats and chocolate ones are FANTASTIC!
  • Carleybby
    Carleybby Posts: 158
    Options
    Make those diet cola cupcakes.

I want to be a baker, and I was wondering how i'd get past being around all those treats and bread all day.

I'll have to keep yummy low cal treats.
  • gex14286
    Options
    I used to work in the bakery at The Cheesecake Factory. Luckily we had other options like soup to eat since it was an entire restaurant. However when I wanted to eat things in the bakery I chewed on mint (or gum), cherries, drank water or just waited until break to eat something non sugary. Also I rode my bike to work.
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    I used to work in the bakery at The Cheesecake Factory. Luckily we had other options like soup to eat since it was an entire restaurant. However when I wanted to eat things in the bakery I chewed on mint (or gum), cherries, drank water or just waited until break to eat something non sugary. Also I rode my bike to work.

Omg...i live in Canada so we don't have The Cheesecake Factory here, but I have been to the one in Buffalo....i swear my hips are sooo lucky we don't have one here because it is SO good!!!!!! Good for you for having such control...cause that place is awesome!hahahaha...
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    i worked at a bakery to not long ago...at first i ate everything....then i started taking snacks...... like fruit and veggies....my bakery had lunch meat so i would make sandwiches. they had juice 100% and would snack on that all day if i forgot my food..and a water bottle....don't leave home with out it... but i have to say i still ate it just i would take it and make samples and take a piece just to get my fix.....hope this helps a little ......:embarassed:
  • tech_sarah
    Options
    I work in a bakery every weekend. I always take a granola bar of some sort, whether it be fiber one, fiber plus, etc, and a peice of fruit. I'm only there for 5-6 hrs. I take a bottle of water also. Sometimes I have a bite, but if I want to be really good about eating junk I try not to have any samples at all, bc once I allow myself that one bite, I just want more.
    Also if its coming to the end of my shift and I really want something, Ill have a diet soda to satisfy my craving.
    Good Luck.